Benq 1620 says Atapi on disk reader

Just picked up a Benq 1620 on e-bay, Nero reads it as Atapi dvd dd tried to put in the current Benq firmware, reply says cannot be upgraded with this firmware, any help?

What is the exact drive id ?

Sorry Nero Disk speed

Atapi dvd dd 2x 16x 4x16 g7l9

Hi :slight_smile:
This drive probably has 3rd party f/w.
In order to flash if that’s the case.
You need Quikee’s BQFlasher.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f92/bqflasher-149980/

Check your f/w.
BenQ fwcheck.exe.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2312487]Atapi dvd dd 2x 16x 4x16 g7l9[/QUOTE]

This is 3rd party f/w*. (Denoted by the ‘G’ prefix).
Just use Quikee’s BQFlasher to crossflash to any ‘B’ prefix (BenQ) f/w.
Once crossflashed to can use any BenQ f/w you like direct.

• Often referred to as ‘BULK’ f/w.

[QUOTE=zebadee;2312489]Hi :slight_smile:
This drive probably has 3rd party f/w.
In order to flash if that’s the case.
You need Quikee’s BQFlasher.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f92/bqflasher-149980/

Check your f/w.
BenQ fwcheck.exe.

[/QUOTE]

Dowloaded Bq flasher put wnasp132.dd in same folder. When flasher comes up the file slots to determine the drive are blank, cannot enter anything, when i hit the file you gave for Benq fw/check, I got some kind of ad, ?

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2312509]Dowloaded Bq flasher put wnasp132.dd in same folder. When flasher comes up the file slots to determine the drive are blank, cannot enter anything, when i hit the file you gave for Benq fw/check, I got some kind of ad, ?[/QUOTE]

The f/w checker needs to be downloaded from Rapidshare.
Probably their links.
Just click on “Free user” button.

As for BQFlasher itself.
Try frog.aspi (need to rename it to winaspi etc).
http://www.frogaspi.org/

[QUOTE=zebadee;2312513]Hi :slight_smile:
The f/w checker needs to be downloaded from Rapidshare.
Probably their links.
Just click on “Free user” button.

As for BQFlasher itself.
Try frog.aspi (need to rename it to winaspi etc).
http://www.frogaspi.org/[/QUOTE]

I got the firmware to download, showed my existing drives, after that it only left me the option to close it, have Flasher and the wnasp132.dll in my Documents file, cant seem to get it work together.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2312525]I got the firmware to download, showed my existing drives, after that it only left me the option to close it, have Flasher and the wnasp132.dll in my Documents file, cant seem to get it work together.[/QUOTE]

Try frog aspi.
If no luck try safe mode.
It should work.

Alternatively you can use WinDWFlash.
BUT MAKE SURE YOU SELECT CORRECT DRIVE.
Another Rapidshare link.
WinDWFlash.exe

[QUOTE=zebadee;2312526]Hi :slight_smile:
Try frog aspi.
If no luck try safe mode.
It should work.

Alternatively you can use WinDWFlash.
BUT MAKE SURE YOU SELECT CORRECT DRIVE.
Another Rapidshare link.
WinDWFlash.exe[/QUOTE]I downloaded WinDflash, a screen came up Benq auto detect, only option it gave me was to close, I know I am missing something simple.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2312539]I downloaded WinDflash, a screen came up Benq auto detect, only option it gave me was to close, I know I am missing something simple.[/QUOTE]
When I bring it up the select drive is blank, and won’t take any input.

Please post screenshots of as much of this process as possible; it might help to see exactly what’s going on. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Albert;2408022]Please post screenshots of as much of this process as possible; it might help to see exactly what’s going on. :)[/QUOTE]Sorry don’t know hot to do a screenshot, last attempt ,I downloaded Wndflash, hit flash, and was told to select an image.
had no idea where to select this image.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2408071]Sorry don’t know hot to do a screenshot, last attempt ,I downloaded Wndflash, hit flash, and was told to select an image.
had no idea where to select this image.[/QUOTE]

Use [B][U]WinSnap[/U][/B] version 1 (still free).
Then use imageshack to upload said images.

N.B. Just scroll down when making post & click on manage attachments.
Click on choose/browse (depending on your browser).
Locate the file concerned.
Then click on upload.

You need BQFlasher and a .cvt firmware file. It is a Benq but has the OEM firmware (G) in it.

[QUOTE=pfloyd1;2416140]You need BQFlasher and a .cvt firmware file. It is a Benq but has the OEM firmware (G) in it.[/QUOTE]I have BQFlasher, I assume ,cvt firmware would be a list of the firmware, I have that too, can you tell me the procedure necessary.
T.I.A.