BenQ 1620 freaked out

vbimport

Okay, this is a weird situation. I was using Nero 6.6.0.3 and wanted to see if using different burning software would change the quality of the disc. So I decided to use Sonic RecordNow 7.21 and noticed a change in quality. So I decided to burn a DVD+R ProDisc-R03-03 at 8x w/Nero 6.6.03 and it’s taking forever. After like 10 minutes of it “finishing up” I try to shut down Nero. No avail. I try everything I can do get it to stop burning. So the only thing I am left to do is to shut down the computer with the power button. So I do that. Next thing I know my CMOS is completly cleared and I have to reset everything.

Now when I am burning I get worse results than I have had before. I’ve tried everything. Flashing firmware to the G7’s. Using CVT or the supplied EXE from BenQ. I even flashed it with the B7L9 in Safe Mode and reflashing it to B7P9/B7T9. Now most of my burns are decent quality, 92-97. But anytime I use a ProDisc-R03-03, I get some horrible results, either an extremly high PIE with a huge spike at the end and what not.

I’m thinking of just sending back the ProDisc-R03-03s and getting a refund with their 30 day gaurantee and maybe trying something else. Or should I just exchange my drive because it’s defective?

i have a 99 score on those Prodisc with eproformance from 8x at 12 x

Sounds like bad media/bad batch. Return it/replace it. Don’t know your vendor, so don’t know what to recommend as replacement.
I have good results:
Yuden T02
MCC 003
MCC 004
CMC MAG E01
Ritek R03
to name a few. I burn at best quality speed, not fastest.
12X on MCC 003 & MCC 004 got me this (both burned on extenal BenQ DW1620>EW1621 now at 47L9:

I have burned a few discs with these ProDisc-R03-03s that I got from SuperMediaStore and have gotten extremly good results before this incident. I just burned a FujiFilm DVD-R ProDiscF01 at 8X and when I went to scan it, it crapped out at the half-way mark. I’m thinking it’s the dvd burner from my little incident. I’m going to have it replaced this next week, NewEgg is pretty good on that issue.

dishinit:
Where do you get your MCC04s?

Thank you very much for you fast results. I really appreciate this.