Benq 1620 Ebay

vbimport

Theres a brand new Benq 1620 on E-bay, about $50 w/shipping.

Yo-

Too bad y’all didn’t post the link so we could seeit-eh!!

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2045126]Yo-

Too bad y’all didn’t post the link so we could seeit-eh!![/QUOTE]

Here ya go bigmike I think this is it :wink:
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-BenQ-DW1620-16x-DVD-RW-Dual-Layer-Burner-Drive-IDE_W0QQitemZ140227010207QQihZ004QQcategoryZ51065QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A wee bit expensive for a 1620, but it is new, so I suppose it’s OK. I simply won’t bother with anything less than a 1640.

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2045126]Yo-

Too bad y’all didn’t post the link so we could seeit-eh!![/QUOTE]
Sorry, am not sure how to post a link, do me a favor, show me the procedure.

I agree its a bit expensive for an OEM BenQDW1620, its not a Retail Drive, its easy to find, just do a search on Ebay. Its been there for awhile, if it was a DW1640 or DW1655 it might be worth 50 bucks but not an oem DW1620, just my opinion. It has a beige oem faceplate. They become available very often, I would wait for a Retail Drive, and just because the seller says its new does not make it so especially on Ebay. You can usually tell if a region has not been set when you install it.

Luv how they say: retail value $99:rolleyes:

That always stuck me funny also, as there was never a OEM drive sold as retail by BenQ, it was sold as retail by I/O Magic, and it looked as the one in the ad but then again that was so long ago, I forget what I/O Magic retailed that drive for.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2045566]Sorry, am not sure how to post a link, do me a favor, show me the procedure.[/QUOTE]

Yo-

When the items page is on your screen - click on the “Address” bar ^ - go to edit - click “Copy” - when you do your post in here - then click “Paste” from the Edit area ^ and it will put the link information in the text area of your post-eh

Oh, and for future reference, the best place to post Nexperia BenQ deals is here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f92/benq-dvd-writer-vanishing-192997/

Most of us fans are subscribed to that thread.

Seller has a 379 feedback: Not too shabby.Stay away from those power sellers because they tend to sell refurbished drives that are junk.

Seller also has a 100% feedback.

You should be ok. I’ve got a couple of the 1620s and I can’t even wear them out.

$50 total,not too shabby,especially for someone getting a great dvd-rw drive. The $40 benqs are few and far between now.

[QUOTE=saugmon;2045960]Seller has a 379 feedback: Not too shabby.Stay away from those power sellers because they tend to sell refurbished drives that are junk.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it seems your advice is good. The only time you should deal with a high-volume seller is when an item is new or a factory refurb. For example, those folks at TXcess Surplus sell a lot of new and direct from Dell refurbed Philips 8701s (DW1640) and 8801s (DW1650). Those are good, whereas the PX-740A drives that Silicon Valley Compucycle keeps listing are most likely junk.

The best deals always come from low-volume ebayers who are simply selling their drive because of an “upgrade” to 18x, 20x, or are moving to SATA. They’re not CDFreaks, so they haven’t abused the drive that much.

:)This is an oem BenQ with a beige faceplate, the only way you might know if its new is if it doesnt have a region set to the drive. I think 50.00 for a drive made in 2004 is way to expensive. The early BenQ DW1620s had alot of problems, and then they fixed them, so you really do not know when this drive was made, I remember when the DW1620 was introduced, there were many returns, I would rather buy one that was used and still working, this way I know it was one of the good ones.:iagree: