Benq 1610 won't burn

vbimport

hello
I have actually been in this forum before about this paticular machine but that was about bad DVDs skipping etc , this time I have been trying to burn a cd with an image file using Nero 6, when it get to the part about inserting a disc to write to it does nothing. Could somebody put me out of my misery and tell that it is the writer that is broke and I need to get a replacement?
To be honest since I have had this writer although it has burned discs I have had some bad ones is this normal? :a

Just to add to this problem I have just tried a nero speed test and I got an error message :- Logical block adress out of range ( 052100) , does anybody know what that means?

Go here http://www.cdr-zone.com/articles/atapi_error_codes_page_1.html and find the error codes. What kind of media do you have?

Hi
The media I am using is Retik x4 printable, when I looked in cdr-zone the error code was:- These errors are difficult to specify a cause for. Most of the times the problem is in the system.

Use DVD Identifier to get full information about your media (MID). :wink:

BTW, have you tried some other media with better quality.
Edit. There is not enough information to help you any further…

Try a different writing software, such as RecordNow to see if it will succeed where Nero did not (diagnoses software-caused error).
Try the drive in a different computer (diagnoses system-caused error).
Try a different media–one that is a VERY common brand name or recommended by BenQ (diagnoses media-caused error).
It will then be obvious whether you should replace the drive or not.

Here is the info about the media I have been using. As you can see it is 4x does this mean when copying in dvd shrink I should change some sort of speed control?

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:RITEKG04]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [Ritek Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [RITEKG04]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4,489.3MB = 4.38GB (4.71GB)]
Recording Speeds : [1x , 2x , 4x]
[6x And Higher Might Not Always Be Detectable]

[ DVD Identifier - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]