Belgian fellow CDFreaks: an online shop with good choice!

vbimport

Maybe this should be in the bargain basement? I’m not sure.

So since the new belgian taxes and laws (december 2006), and the subsequent lack of online shops shipping to Belgium, we are several to have great difficulties to buy good media at good prices. Not to say that getting proper TY CDrs, for example, is about impossible.

Or is it?

Thanks to a poster on a french forum (where CDFreaks members Franz99 and Koba are regular posters), who discovered the online shop shipping to Belgium, I could order, among other media (at the prices I was used to pay at SVP! :cool:), TY silver printable CDRs and Verbatim “archival grade” MCC 02RG20! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’m so glad about this, that I called the member (Spilou) “my hero”, and for some reason this didn’t quite please the other posters there… :stuck_out_tongue:

Well here is the shop:
Xmediatrade

So I’m not in the dark anymore, stuck in Belgium with an awfully limited choice or awfully high prices… la la la… (happy music) :stuck_out_tongue:

I wonder if Cressida already knew the shop…

They have Samsung Pleomax (Optodisc), HP (good CMC), the entire Verbatim range, unbranded printable and non-printable Taiyo Yuden (sadly, no more T02s… :(), Intenso (Optodisc), Sony (amongts which D21), Ridata, TDK Scratchproof… :smiley:

OK they also have Memorex, Xlayer :Z, Mediarange :Z, EMTEC :Z, Platinum :Z and some unbranded generic crap, but well, nobody’s perfect as we all know… :rolleyes: :slight_smile:

Good find Francksoy, even cheaper on saome brands than most of the German shops we Dutchies get all our stuff from (opus.nl, cdrwinkel.com). Shipping is a bit more expensive than I’m uses to, but still reasonable.

So I guess you like Optodisc? I have a crapload of em here (Pleomax branded 8x + and - R and blank ones 16x +R) but never dared to burn anything valuable on it :wink:

There TY discs are rather overpriced though…

[QUOTE=Francksoy;2075804]
I wonder if [B]Cressida [/B]already knew the shop…[/QUOTE]Xmediatrade (Luxembourg based) isn’t unknown here in germany :slight_smile:

I have ordered from them before, but have not been broadcasting their existance. Now that the cat is out of the bag, better order quick because the Belgian government (or what passes for a government in this neck of the woods) reads these forums and will undoubtedly close them down in a matter of weeks or even days.

Since I always suspected the possibility of them also being able to obtain shipping lists to Belgian customers, I now order via a friend in the Netherlands. Safe and above all, private.

Moomin

[QUOTE=Moomin;2076249]I have ordered from them before, but have not been broadcasting their existance. Now that the cat is out of the bag, better order quick because the Belgian government (or what passes for a government in this neck of the woods) reads these forums and will undoubtedly close them down in a matter of weeks or even days.

Since I always suspected the possibility of them also being able to obtain shipping lists to Belgian customers, I now order via a friend in the Netherlands. Safe and above all, private.

Moomin[/QUOTE]the cover is blown now. nad yes good ideas

Thanks for the heads-up, [B]Franksoy[/B] :flower:. I’d heard about Xmediatrade, but mainly of their operation in German speaking areas. In fact, [B]Pianoman[/B]'s Maxell TYG03’s from that source in the Plextor scans section last year made me slightly jealous :bigsmile:, but I never investigated purchasing there. I have to confess that I’ve never bought media online, as I don’t use it in quantities like some of you and I simply prefer retail shopping on a leisure trip to Aachen. Yes, it’s more expensive, but also more pleasurable and convenient for me (not to mention half the Belgian retail price ;)). Enjoy all those shiny new discs you’ll be getting while the going’s good!

@Moomin and Jumpin Jack Flash: I don’t think there is any “cover” to be blown: if it was so, Xmediatrade would specifically ask its belgian customers NOT to make any open publicity. Which is, of course, not the case.

Besides, now I notice that Nierle.de also re-added Belgium as a shipping destination, and took the warnings off (warnings about private copy taxes). How about that. :wink:

I’m pretty sure that several other online shops will soon follow. Looks like the Big Bad Wolf doesn’t scare them anymore. :bigsmile: - anyway, it’s about time that we have an European regulation about this, instead of having each country making its own rules. :rolleyes:

He he… :bigsmile: - things look really ugly, I conceide…

@schweino: A-grade +R Optodisc is highly regarded by many members here. :slight_smile: - this includes the Acro-Circle brand, and often Samsung Pleomax discs though they seem to be a little more variable. Intenso, I just mentioned them but no experience.

-R Optodisc doesn’t look so hot sometimes. But I’m not an intensive Optodisc user and no expert on the question.

[QUOTE=Cressida;2076311]I’ve never bought media online, as I don’t use it in quantities like some of you and I simply prefer retail shopping on a leisure trip to Aachen. Yes, it’s more expensive, but also more pleasurable and convenient for me[/quote]To each his/her own. :slight_smile: I can certainly understand that.

Enjoy all those shiny new discs you’ll be getting
I’ll sure do! :iagree:
while the going’s good!
I’m not afraid (see my post above…) :cool:

I think ye Belgians might like this:
http://www.komplett.be/k/kc.aspx?bn=10718

One of the best European online retailers, Komplett (which is one of my favourites, and my 1st choice when I’m looking for something not unusual) has an operation in Belgium.

Their blank media section focuses primarily on Samsung Pleomax and Verbatim medias. Mostly Verbatim :slight_smile:

My all time favourite DVD media, the 16x Verbatim Colour Lightscribe DVD+R, can be found in 5 packs on the Belgian site here:
http://www.komplett.be/k/ki.aspx?sku=346490

Though they are almost €3 more expensive than they are in Ireland for reasons you are probably well aware of :sad:

So Franck, which media are you going to be buying then? :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=SeanW;2079197]I think ye Belgians might like this:
http://www.komplett.be/k/kc.aspx?bn=10718

One of the best European online retailers, Komplett (which is one of my favourites, and my 1st choice when I’m looking for something not unusual) has an operation in Belgium.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the link SeanW, :slight_smile: but the prices are just as insane there, than they are in retail shops… I simply refuse to pay these prices for my blanks, as most of the price is made of taxes and levvies that are very questionable! I’ll keep on buying from Germany or UK. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=cd pirate;2079330]So Franck, which media are you going to be buying then? :p[/QUOTE]My “test” order was as follows (still waiting for it to be delivered, because the “archival grade” verbs are out of stock :frowning: )

• CD-R 80 48x TAIYO YUDEN silver printable, 1 X 100
  • DVD-R 4.7GB 8x Verbatim archival grade, 1 X 25 (MCC 02RG20)
  • DVD-R 4.7GB 16x VERBATIM printable, 2 X 25 (MCC 03RG20)
  • DVD+R 4.7GB 16x VERBATIM printable, 6 X 25 (MCC 004)
  • DVD-R 4.7GB 16x HP Photo printable, 1 X 50 (CMC MAG AM3)
  • DVD-R 4.7GB 16x Samsung PLEOMAX, 1 X 50 (OPTODISCR016)

It will be my first time with AM3s and R016s. The R016 are highly regarded by some users on this board and I’m eager to put them to my “torture tests”. :stuck_out_tongue: