Beige BQ DW 1620 Versus Black DW 1620 Pro

vbimport

Hey All…

You have here a die hard NEC 3500 fan thats been waiting for a deal on a BQ 1620 which Newegg has now come out with. But the one they have on sale is the Beige DW 1620 (NOT OEM) for $47.99 after a $10.00 rebate. My question is that they also have a Black DW 1620 PRO. They seem to have the same features other than the black Pro has what their calling a black colored tray that minimizes jitters to enhance writing quality. Is this for real or just a scam. I can’t see how the color of the tray could have any control over jitter. But then again, I’m not a BQ pro and this is why I’m here. Does this truely help the jitter factor? Main reason of asking is that the Pro is $79.00 although it is coming in a pack that includes a 25 tub of BQ 16X DVD+R’s and a 25 tub of 52X CDR’s. Is BQ media any good? I’ve never had any dealings with it. Also found it strange that they would give you 52X CDR’s when the burner is only rated at 40X. So I have two questions that lead to one answer. Which is the better buy I guess is the bottom line. If the Pro indeed does a better job on jitter, then I can see it being worth paying the extra money. As far as the media, I would like to know your thoughts on the quality of it but I’m presuming it’s mediocer at best as I’ve not come accross it or heard of it. Plus I have a ton of TY’s and various other quality media so that doesn’t play a large part in my decision. So, any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Much
Mark

My Beige 1620 has a Black Tray. I think all 1620 have a black internal Tray.

yep, benq 1610 beige also has a black tray :slight_smile:

Sportfish,

You can get the BenQ 1620Pro OEM for $49.99 now at NewEgg.
No rebate to worry about. Just have to pay $4.00 shipping. The specs on the pro show 4X DL vs 2.4X for the 1620W, my guess is that this is just original firmware.

Ya its just a fw difference.

Yo Sportsmell-

I bought the 1620 Pro last night for the $49.99 and $4 shipping-

Gonna replace my AOpen 1648/aap with the Benq for readin’/rippin’ and testing-

Mike

i have both beige 120 bezel sprayed black as you could not get a black 1620 in england at the time and a recently purchased black 1620 pro both have black tray,s and as mentioned before it is only a firmware difference and a small cosmetic change on the open\close button.
yo bigmike7 nice to see you posting again try ala42 speed edit tool and watch youre 1620pro rip those discs

[QUOTE=grimmers]i have both beige 120 bezel sprayed black as you could not get a black 1620 in england at the time and a recently purchased black 1620 pro both have black tray,s and as mentioned before it is only a firmware difference and a small cosmetic change on the open\close button.
yo bigmike7 nice to see you posting again try ala42 speed edit tool and watch youre 1620pro rip those discs[/QUOTE

Hey grimmers… Thanks for the info. But I have an FYI for you on the other side of the ocean. Unless you changed names, I see your fairly new to the forum and wanted to welcome you. Also let you in on the fact that Big Mike 7 has turned into little satch 7 as I now have most of us Yanks calling him now. But it is with Love:bigsmile:

Mark

Yo Sportsmell-

Educating the Noobies again-

I’m SO proud of you son-

Did you - infact - buy the 1620 Pro - or are you just trying to impress others again?

Yo grimmers-

Thanks for the welcome - I was only gone for two weeks on vacation-

Want to learn more about unleashing the potential of the 1620’s

Mike

sportsfish and bigmike7(little satch7) thanks for the welcome nice to see people with a sense of humour and a bit of friendly rivalry on the other side of the pond :smiley: :smiley:

Hey Satch. Should be at my door sometime today. :stuck_out_tongue:

Both My Beige and Black Benq DW1620 has a Black Tray.

even my OEM 1620 has a black tray!

Yo Sportsmell-

Got my BenQ 1620 today - installed and flashed with latest firmwares - see the results here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?p=969336#post969336

Not as good as I had hoped they would be-

Probably work on it some more to try and get it working right - oh and these both are +R medias-

Probably the reason for the crappy results-

Mike