Before RPC1 flashing? (Optiarc AD-7200S)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Optiarc AD-7200S. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hello

I have just installed an AD-7200S (came with firmware v1.06) and have already downloaded the RPC1 firmware. Before i flash I would like to know:

In the past I have heard that it was recommended to set the region to anything (in my case it would be 2) before flashing to regionfree firmware. is this true? Or can I just flash with the drive been new and in “no region” state? Or this doesn’t matter at all?

That’s it, thank you very much.

EDIT: I am wondering: Does Vista64 plays well with RPC1 flashed drives? My last BenQ DW1655 were having problems reading DVDs after been flashed with RPC1 firmware. It was like if Vista was blocking the disks because the drive was regionfree. How can I bypass this? I have used tools like DVD Genie in the past but am not sure if these ones are compatible with Vista64. I have read that AnyDVD can do the trick but the thing cost money. Is there any freeware or tweak that you can recommend for playing, rip and access disks bought on several zones under Vista64? Or do I have to shell cash for this???

Thanks again.

I have the 7203S flashed to rpc1 via Liggy & Dee’s patched f/w.
I didn’t bother setting a region first.
In fact I never have.
As for Vista.
Using Vista Ultimate 64 bit without any problems.

Thanks a lot. I can flash now with more confidence.