Beeping in audio track

I am getting a beeping/ticking in the audio track of some DVD -> XviD rips.

Hear it for yourself: http://mainiac.googlepages.com/beeping.mp3

It’s not there in the small preview.

The only DVD sound track choices are AC-3/2 (one main soundtrack, other commentary).

I’m encoding to MP3 @ 128 kbps.

Any ideas on why or how to stop this?

hi,

Strange, I cannot download your sample file, please use audiocopy profile to rip original ac3 track and listen it first, make sure the audio-source is no problem

Thanks.

Ting it works fine with Winamp. I listened to it yesterday.

I can hear it in the sample. Short bursts of buzzing about 500 ms apart, when played with WMP or VLC.

I just noticed something similar with JUST one movie that I had encoded, Terminator 3 - R4 but all the others were OK. I had chosen the AC3-5.1 soundtrack. I then chose the AC3-2 soundtrack got the same problem which seems to manifest itself as a "Pst-Pst " about 500ms apart.

I then chose the DTS soundtrack and the problem wasn’t there.

I can’t duplicate the problem, but I am converting from TS folder on HDD, not a disc. I tried two profiles with MP3 audio, one the generic xvid, the other Archos H264+MP3. When I can find a disc with AC-3/2 I’ll try it.

Paul
could it be an issue with OP sound card :confused:

Nah, it can’t be.

Signals played the sample and can hear it and the sound card doesn’t get used for the encoding process.

That sounds very similar to the issues I was having along with the sound going out of sync when converting Sony movies to ipod format (using h264). Those were the same tones but on mine they would bounce around left right and center on me. maybe your sample is in mono… anyway i am guessing that your movie was put out by Sony.

[QUOTE=Hivolt;2119430]That sounds very similar to the issues I was having along with the sound going out of sync when converting Sony movies to ipod format (using h264). Those were the same tones but on mine they would bounce around left right and center on me. maybe your sample is in mono… anyway i am guessing that your movie was put out by Sony.[/QUOTE]

I tried to make an mp4 this morning using the PS3 profile from a Sony title and it sounds like a pong game going on along with the audio.

hi,

Please tell me more information about your select problem audio track,

please using audiocopy profile to convert this audio-track to file first and using mediainfo and other tools to check this audio track,\

I just guess the noise is added for get correct a/v sync.

I found some old discs (not Sony) with AC-3/2 that converted with Generic xvid+MP3 with no problem.

Hi all,

I’m still around, just been real busy the past week, anyway I’ve played with this a little more.

• It has happened running under windows & Linux.

• I ripped “main movie” VOBs to HD, then ran mobile option (XviD) from that directory, encoded fine, no noises.

• A recent series rip I’ve noticed a few similar sounds, not a frequent, like 4-5 in a 50 minute show (yes, it’s old TV, much better than today’s 40 minutes shows).

I’m thinking it may have something to do with A/V sync, many (most?) of my sources are 29.977 FPS, I encode to 23.976 FPS.

The most recent was with 5.0.8.5 (w/ the 4-5 beeps), the others where older versions, I haven’t run into the regular beeping (like the sample above) with the newer version yet, I’ll let you know if I do.

Thanks for all the ideas so far. :slight_smile:

Hi Mainiac
Keep us posted on your findings.

I am also having the same problem (but only recently).

This started when I tried ripping CSI Season 4 (all discs).

My normal process is to rip the dvd to hard drive using DvdShrink 3.2. This gives me an unencrypted file system to rip from, and allows me to queue up all the rips at once.

Then I was transcoding with Dvdfab 5.0.7.6 as a Generic avi xvid mp3 with the mp3 as 192kbps 105% volume. Fixed bitrate of 1000kbps 704x400 framerate same as source. I got the same beeping/popping noises as was described in this thread.

I re-ripped the discs to hard drive using DVDfab to see if that fixed it. It did not. I am relatively sure the source files do not have this noise as PowerDVD did not have the audio noise. Next I upgraded Dvdfab to 5.0.9.0 and still the same results.

I tried lowering the volume to 100% and the pops got weaker, but still there. Volume was too low for my liking.

I tried using audiocopy and they were not there as far as I could tell, the audio volume was just too low for my liking.

I tried generic avi h264 mp3, and the same avi xvid mp3 at different bitrates (still 105% volume) and got the same result.

I prefer my generic avi xvid mp3 as it gives good quality (pc playback) and I can increase the volume slightly so it is more on par with my other video and music.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

hi,

I got one sample from our user Hivolt, and I can repeat the beep problem, I think the problem is the same as this thread report it. I am try to fix them.

thanks.

When can we expect a fix?

Same problem here with Terminator 3 converted using DVD to Mobile to a .mpv file with DVDfab 5.0.9.0. A constant beeping sound that seems to change in volume along with the movie sound track. If the volume in the movie gets louder so does this beeping sound. It also seems to be in stereo going from left to right with each beep.

This is the first time I have run accros this problem, I have tried the disc on three different PC’s with the same issue. The actual DVD plays just fine. Hopefully this mystery can be solved. :confused:

P.S. This sound plays thru the entire movie.

This has been fixed (I think), try updating to 5.0.9.8.

Where is version 5.0.9.8 located?

Found it under DVDFab HD, but I have DVDFab platinum? Is there a DVDFab Platinum 5.0.9.8?
I did not want to have two versions of fab on my PC.

Thanks