Beat the new Securom protection

I just posted the article Beat the new Securom protection….

Submitted by: mike b

The new securom protection on driver 2(psx) can be beaten with clonecd , but only if you read it at 2x enable the subchannel options for data & audio. you can burn at any…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/906-Beat-the-new-Securom-protection___.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/906-Beat-the-new-Securom-protection___.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I bet that CloneCD is for 99% used to do something illegal with…

thought the new securom was on V-rally2 from infrogames.
But if it works , then it works…well done that man…

Very strange i downloaded the iso and burned it whit cdrwin and np so…

Which CD’s are protected with this sucker? Only V-Rally or are there some more ???

For mike b: please post your hardware configuration.
Especially reader!
I think that there’s no prob with writers, but with CD-ROM readers! I don’t have any problems with securom protection, even on PC(See Diablo2); my ultraplex 32 is able to read nearly anything written on a CD (I think).

Very useful information indeed! hope it works.

this is to mikeb…have you tried to backup homeworld cataclysm and did it work for you?i used clone and it works only on my dvd player.give us some info on the speed u used to read it at and does it work without a patch?thanks mate.

I copied the original (PSX-PAL) with CDRwin and it works.

I also didn’t know SecuROM was used to protect PSX-CDs.

has anyone out there copied homeworld cataclysm? sucessfully using clone cd and does it work without any patches? does it read fine using a cdrom or do you have to use a dvd rom like i do?

As I already thought: Securom only exists for a Windows environment, not for PSX.
You’re full of bullshit, man!!!
Better check your sources first, DOMin8tor

why dont we all cut the bullshit and help each other out here? has anyone copied the new securom and actually got it to work???

To BlackFly: I have copied HomeWorld Cataclysm, I think I know what oyu are talking about, I don’t know why but the game won’t load unless I apply the patch.

Thanks SuicideMan. The same here the game wont load if i try to use my cdrom and burner to run it it will only work without any patch with my dvd player–strange i guess we will have to wait for either a new clone version or some other burning software–blindread and blindwrite didnt work either…

Thanks Suicide Machine thats what i ment…sorry.

The game with new SecuROM protection…

So far I only know is - Homeworld Cataclysm

I’ve failed many times already

I am not convinced with this post because I’ve tried this method which have already failed me.

I have Plextor 1210A… so what can I miss?

umm … clone cd only works for me when i use slower read speeds (1x,2x,4x)

otherwise the cd is broken … (one of the files , mostly the niggest one , is damaged) …

btw i also had now prob to burn diablo 2 …

To Viruz.Did you copy Homeworld Cataclysm using clone reading with lower speeds and did it work without a patch? Does it work with your reader and cd rom or do you need a patch…I also copied Diablo2 no problems having problem with Cataclysm maybe because i used fast speed set at max on reader at 40x???

This is a post by Olli himself at the cloneclinic forum regarding this issue:

Forget it. This may work for PSX, but not for new SecuROM PC titles. Just wait for a new… Oops, I don’t want to talk about such things.

and some time later:

There is a small part on the CD the current and previous CloneCD versions do not copy.
I wouldn’t call it a “bug”, it is more a “design flaw”.

Hmmm seems that you can’t copy it using the current CloneCD. :frowning:

THE REASON SECUROM DOES NOT WORK FOR WINDOWS IS BECAUSE IT COPIES 3 DLL FILES INTO YOUR WINDOWS/SYSTEM DIRECTORY EXACTLY EXPLAINING WHAT A REAL CD WOULD BEHAVE LIKE.
ANYTHING THAT IS NOT WINDOWS WILL WORK BECAUSE IT CANNOT DO THIS.
THE KEY TO SOLVING THIS PUZZLE IS SOMEHOW DEFEATING THE DLL FILES…