BDR-S07XLT Pioneer - Where to get software Utilities?

vbimport

Hello Forum,

I beg your pardon if all this has been asked before but I am looking for the software Utilities Download that are available for the BDR-S07XLT. (If any). My drive is a retail boxed version and actually came with no software disc.
I obviously tried the pioneer site closest to me but no luck.
I find the drive which says Manufactured March 2012 in China is quiet slow at ripping an average Blu ray (Typically 1 3/4 hours) my older lite-on could manage usually 30/40 mins, I wonder if the drive is in a default performance mode? or perhaps a Rip Lock is in place?

Thanks in advance,
Thom

edit: Typo

[QUOTE=thomhere;2654097]Hello Forum,

I beg your pardon if all this has been asked before but I am looking for the software Utilities Download that are available for the BDR-S07XLT. (If any). My drive is a retail boxed version and actually came with no software disc.
I find the drive which says Manufactured March 2012 in China is quiet slow at ripping an average Blu ray (Typically 1 3/4 hours) my older lite-on could manage usually 30/40 mins, I wonder if the drive is in a default performance mode? or perhaps a Rip Lock is in place?

Thanks in advance,
Thom

edit: Typo[/QUOTE]

There isn’t not in the way of software other then what he manufacture packages with the drive or 3rd party software that has drivers for your drive. If there is none then you left with software from 3rd parties that work on various BR burners. There isn’t much in the way of utilities beyond what the manufacture would give you. Also since your not telling us what your doing with the drive that would also be even harder to point you in the right directions as what software or utilities that you should look into do what your wanting to do???

For some Pioneer BDR-… models, there apparently is a utility that exists only on the Cyberlink software discs that ship with the drives. It doesn’t seem that they plan on making the utility available separately from the Cyberlink software suite, either, even though Cyberlink has nothing to do with the drive utility. :confused:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies.
From the Pioneer site for the XLT it says:
Improved usability with the new Software Utility: In addition to the Video & Audio Mode, the new utility software also provides new functions that allow users to see the disc and drive status. The audio/video disc loading and Quiet Drive Mode settings can be managed by this included software. Now users can use the drive more easily and smoothly.
http://pioneer.jp/bdd/products/bdr_s07xlt_t/index.html

As there was no software included in the Retail box, I assume I should get on to the crowd I bought it from (DABS)? I just imagined that performance/management software could be downloaded separately…

And for what I am doing with the drive? Backing up my Blu-ray collection to watch on my WDTV Live device. I have all the necessary tools for that, my problem is the drive is slow - It don’t seem to spin up or make much noise so I assumed that it was in a default quiet mode. Using aggressive I/O in anydvd made a slight improvement. BTW it is using firmware 1.20.

Thom.

I know this isn’t a good option, but have you considered exchanging this drive for a less shiny drive? I know people use LG or LiteOn drives for ripping their collections to local storage for that very same purpose. That’s if your retailer can’t help you out.

[QUOTE=thomhere;2654209]Hi Guys,
As there was no software included in the Retail box, I assume I should get on to the crowd I bought it from (DABS)? I just imagined that performance/management software could be downloaded separately…

And for what I am doing with the drive? Backing up my Blu-ray collection to watch on my WDTV Live device. I have all the necessary tools for that, my problem is the drive is slow - It don’t seem to spin up or make much noise so I assumed that it was in a default quiet mode. Using aggressive I/O in anydvd made a slight improvement. BTW it is using firmware 1.20.

Thom.[/QUOTE]

Okay, Pioneer Drives are good, and if you install them correctly should work fine with the Standard Drivers. Tell us something about your computer, you should have a fast Processor running Windows 7, with more than 4Gb of RAM. I like to use Verbatim Media and DVDFab, the paid versions. :cool:

[QUOTE=thomhere;2654097]Hello Forum,

Thanks in advance,
Thom

edit: Typo[/QUOTE]

Here we go:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ephox/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/BDR-2206%20DriveUtility_v1031.zip

Found it here:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Computer/Computer+Drives/BDR-2206?tab=firmware

Should work for all PIONEER BDR RETAIL! Let me know.

It would indeed be good to know if that version of the utility (which, to be honest, never came up once in any of my searching, probably because I didn’t know exactly what it was called) works with models beyond the 2206.

hmm dunno if a pioneer 207ebk is classed as a retail drive or not it did come in a box. its called a 207m in windows and has an id of 60 according to the updater. that utility doesnt work, all the options are greyed out.

oh after reading some threads its seems only the s07 can use the utility :o