BD ring patterns

vbimport

Hi im using a sony 506ab with aone BD-r 25’s. I am burning my disks off with nero 11 at 4x as rated on the disk. I am noticing that all of my burns have ring patterns on the burnt side of the disk. is this normal? The disks work fine anyway was just wondering as ive never seen that before. Also is there any recommended program for burning bdr’s im just burning files off so drag/drop and burn is all I need. is there any particular software that would speed up the write? its currently taking 25 mins at 4x. I also have the option in nero to burn the 4x disks at 6x is this safe? Neros also spitting out unknown burn pahase when burning the disks. Is there anyway to maximise the size to the whole 25gb in windows?

bump bump bump bump bump bump bump

Welcome to the forum!

Can you describe these ring patterns in a little more detail? There is a ring or spiral pattern that appears if you hold any BD-R in a bright light, but when tilting it away from the light source the surface coloration becomes uniform. One of our members has mentioned that Aone discs were rather low quality, I would not recommend burning them faster than their rated speed. Do you know what the media code of these discs is?

Disc manufacturers list capacities in decimal format, operating systems list capacity in binary format. 25GB decimal = 23.3GB binary.

its just a ring that goes around the whole circumference of the disk. Similar to the ring you would dsometimes get on dvd’s when the speed alters during write for that section of the disk. Except this has multple rings one after the other. The media code is PHILIP-R04-000.

I have never seen that on my PHILIPR04 burns. Or others. You may try burning with ImgBurn to see if it differs.

[QUOTE=milo888;2654559][B]Hi im using a sony 506ab[/B] with aone BD-r 25’s. I am burning my disks off with nero 11 at 4x as rated on the disk. I am noticing that all of my burns have ring patterns on the burnt side of the disk. is this normal? The disks work fine anyway was just wondering as ive never seen that before. Also is there any recommended program for burning bdr’s im just burning files off so drag/drop and burn is all I need. is there any particular software that would speed up the write? its currently taking 25 mins at 4x. I also have the option in nero to burn the 4x disks at 6x is this safe? Neros also spitting out unknown burn pahase when burning the disks. Is there anyway to maximise the size to the whole 25gb in windows?[/QUOTE]

No way, that must be a SAMSUNG!

Yes its a samsung. i’m not to sure why I put Sony. Are samsungs known for doing this? I have tried burning at 2x and its exactly the same on every disk.

I know this doesn’t sound totally believable, but if the discs work fine, it is normal. Rings can happen on DVDs as well and be completely usable; they just look funky to our naked eyes.