BD Rebuilder fails

vbimport

I’ve been having quite regular difficulty with rebuilds from BD rewriter. I’ve been using it for 7 or 8 years but recently its stating to fail with random errors. Usually the errors are along the lines of unable to decode audio. Today while trying to rebuild Terminator Genisys twice this error message :-

[07/24/16] BD Rebuilder v0.50.12
[18:04:45] Source: TERMINATOR_GENISYS_00800

• Input BD size: 32.44 GB
  • Approximate total content: [02:05:42.993]
  • Target BD size: 11.72 GB
  • Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
  • MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
  • Quality: High Quality (Default), Two Pass
  • Decoding/Frame serving: DirectShow
  • Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=448
  • Resuming from previously started job.
    [18:04:47] PHASE ONE, Encoding
  • [18:04:47] Processing: VID_00800 (1 of 1)
  • [18:04:50] Reencoding video [VID_00800]
    • Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
    • Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 180,851 frames
    • Bitrate: 4,943 Kbs
  • [18:04:50] Reencoding: VID_00800, Pass 1 of 2
  • [20:04:10] Reencoding: VID_00800, Pass 2 of 2
  • Encode failed. Aborting.
  • BD-Rebuilder v0.50.12
  • Working Path Free Space: 54.64GB
  • AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.8.0, Ok
  • LAVFILTERS: Ok
  • AnyDVD Remove Short Titles: Incompatible
  • AnyDVD Remove Annoying Adverts: Incompatible
  • X264: Ok
  • AFTEN: Ok
  • FAAC: Ok
  • MP4BOX: Ok
  • WAVI: Ok
  • TSMUXER: Ok
  • FRIMEncode: Ok
  • FRIMDecode: Ok
    [20:04:13] - Failed video encode, aborted

[07/25/16] BD Rebuilder v0.50.12
[15:39:02] Source: TERMINATOR_GENISYS_00800

• Input BD size: 32.44 GB
  • Approximate total content: [02:05:42.993]
  • Target BD size: 11.72 GB
  • MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
  • Quality: High Quality (Default), Two Pass
  • Decoding/Frame serving: DirectShow
  • Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=448
  • Resuming from previously started job.
    [15:39:03] PHASE ONE, Encoding
  • [15:39:03] Processing: VID_00800 (1 of 1)
  • [15:39:05] Reencoding video [VID_00800]
    • Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
    • Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 180,851 frames
    • Bitrate: 4,943 Kbs
  • [15:39:05] Reencoding: VID_00800, Pass 2 of 2
  • Encode failed. Aborting.
  • BD-Rebuilder v0.50.12
  • Working Path Free Space: 54.64GB
  • AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.8.0, Ok
  • LAVFILTERS: Ok
  • AnyDVD Remove Short Titles: Incompatible
  • X264: Ok
  • AFTEN: Ok
  • FAAC: Ok
  • MP4BOX: Ok
  • WAVI: Ok
  • TSMUXER: Ok
  • FRIMEncode: Ok
  • FRIMDecode: Ok
    [15:39:07] - Failed video encode, aborted

Anyone got any ideas?

There is nothing in what you’ve posted that shows what is happening, or how to approach the problem.

I recently had problems with a movie, but don’t remember which one offhand. It had Dolby True HD or Dolby True HD Atmos audio. I had to take the files from the Working path folder and convert the audio before putting everything together with tsMuxeR.

ClownBD wouldn’t work with this movie either, failing to demux and convert to regular AC3.

You’ll get the most informed replies from the author himself over at doom9. There is a waiting period after joining that forum, so this will take several days if you are not already a member. http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143716

You can post your INI file here and I’ll take a look, but I doubt I find anything.

Oh, just thought of something. You might want to use Win7DS Filter Tweaker to examine the default filters for audio. If they are not set to LAV filters, reset them.

Hi again Kerry thanks for your reply.
I’m not registered over at Doom. Frankly I don’t know my way around forums and when I tried to register I fell at the first hurdle. They asked questions I wasn’t sure how to answer like the name of moderators? I wasn’t sure how to find out!

Back on topic, here is what Win DS sees

Does this help?

I also noticed that BD Rebuilder is complaining about AnyDVD incompatibility so I’ve unticked the ‘remove annoying adverts’ and the ‘remove sequences shorter than’ options and re-ripped and restarted the rebuild. BD R is about halfway through, ETA tomorrow! so far so good, so we’ll see.

Is the INI file found in the Edit Config option? If so here it is.
[Options]
FORCE_NOENCODE=0
ENABLE_TEST=1
ENABLE_BLANKING=1
VERSION=0.50.0.12
ENCODER=0
MODE=3
ENCODE_QUALITY=2
ONEPASS_ENCODING=0
AUTO_QUALITY=0
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=all
SD_CONVERT=0
OPEN_GOP=0
RESIZE_1080=0
RESIZE_1440=0
RESIZE_720=0
DEINTERLACE=1
SD_TO_1080=0
IGNORE_3D=0
CONVERT_WIDE=0
DTS_REENCODE=0
AC3_REENCODE=0
AC3_640=0
AC3_192=0
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=1
AUDIO_DRC=0
DECODER=0
AVCHD=0
REMOVE_WORKFILES=0
REMOVE_OUTPUT=0
USE_FILTERS=0
BDMV_CERT_ONLY=0
IVTC_PULLDOWN=0
ASSUME_DVD_PAL=0
FRIMSOURCE=0
COMPLETION_BEEP=0
OUTPUT_SBS=0
NEROAAC=0
SUPTITLE=0
PGSTOSRT=0
AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=1
SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=1
CUSTOM_TARGET_SIZE=12000
TARGET_SIZE=12000
AUTO_BURN=2
MINIMIZE_TO_TRAY=1
QUICK_EXTRAS=1

All right, lets try a couple of things. In your Settings, you have BD Rebuilder retaining HD audio. Its this line in the INI file: KEEP_HD_AUDIO=1

Go to Settings–>Setup and remove the check mark next to Keep HD audio for BD 25/Alternate Intact. Since you are making fairly small Blu-ray output, 11.72GB, you don’t want the HD audio anyway, since it will take a large part of that space.

And you might want to try using the setting for 448khz AC3 instead. Make sure to save your settings once done.

Next, use the WinDS Filter tool to change a few things. There is no screenshot showing your audio, but try changing any DTS or Dolby (AC3) filter settings to LAV. Also, change the H264 64 bit filter from Microsoft to LAV.

Kerry56
the failure happens about 2 seconds after the video encode starts
As the OP suspects, the problem is quite probably this

AnyDVD Remove Short Titles: Incompatible

ipete
try changing everything to LAV in the codec tweak tool

^ I’ve never used those settings in AnyDVD, not that I use AnyDVD anymore anyway. I should have spotted this. Thanks for pointing it out gonca.

And if ipete has already changed this, he may have solved it by himself.

Those settings work well if you are watching the movie on a software player, but in my opinion they shouldn’t be used when making copies or back ups ( can create issues)

PS
sometimes, while just viewing, they can cause the movie to “crash” while viewing.
They can break the navigational commands on rare occasions

Edit
if you don’t mind my asking, and if you are allowed to say, what do you use for decryption?

Hi everyone, thanks for the input. It does appear that the ANYDVD options are to blame. I’ve now fixed this particular issue and Terminator Genisys works fine.

I perhaps threw you off track Kerry56 by talking about audio issues that I have also been having. I though this could be related. I will re-run some of those rebuilds where I was having those issues and choose LAV filters as you suggest. I’ll reply to the post further then but as these rebuilds takes ages it won’t be soon! And I do want the HD audio. I know some say that you cant tell the difference between 5.1 AC3 640khz and 7.1 HD but you surely can on my system. I’m not claiming magic ears just nor denying the maths but when the audio is completely un-messed with and fed to my system it booms through in the most convincing way so I stick to what works.:smiley:

gonca Can’t really talk about that can we?:eek: (Pretty obvious though?)

Discussions of decryption programs are allowed here at MyCE. As long as you are making backups of media that you own.

If you are unsure, you can read through our guidelines for copyright protected material here: http://club.myce.com/f34/guidelines-copyright-protected-material-316049/

Glad you got things working.

ipete
your audio issues could also be related to codec issues. I use LAV and all previous issues related to sync, etc vanished.

Kerry56
I buy my media
If need be I can attach a screenshot of my orders at Amazon.ca, with certain info blanked out of course

Not necessary at all gonca. We take our members’ word for it unless they specifically mention something that violates our policy.

The ones that always make me shake my head are the people who download torrents, then include that name in their Mediainfo or encoding parameter lines when they ask for help. :doh: :smiley:

The ones that always make me shake my head are the people who download torrents, then include that name in their Mediainfo or encoding parameter lines when they ask for help.

I’ve seen that happen a lot, and when they claim ignorance about breaking any rules I become truly amazed

[QUOTE=gonca;2778536]I’ve seen that happen a lot, and when they claim ignorance about breaking any rules I become truly amazed[/QUOTE]
I’ve seen people renaming the file or just modifying the name in the logfile and asking the same question again.

As you can imagine, such a cosmetic change will not make an illegal download legal again :doh: