Bd-re dl

vbimport

I burned my first BD-RE DL with a BH08 2.0FW speedpatched. Mitsubishi brand from Japan. DVD identifier id’d it as a TDK. Bought a 3 pack on Ebay here. After removing the Mitsubishi wrapper were 3 unbranded printable BD-RE’s. No print anywhere on the disc. Only print on the jewel case was the Bluray logo. Took 1hr 57 min to burn 27.8GB. This was a main movie rip by DVDFab. Burned with DVDFab using the VSO engine. It said buring speed was 3X. I don’t know if that is accurate. Is this normal burning time for for 27.8GB? The disc worked perfect in my LG BDR390
Anyone know some good deals on BD-R DL?

The normal times to a full 45GB BD-RE DL is about one and half hour at 2x. Your burn takes more time because of the defect management is probably active. Defect management verifies the write process reading back the recent write.

cheapest place i have found BD-R DL is ebay got a 5 pack for 45 with free shipping, places like newegg and SMS want about $20 per disc for that much I could buy a second copy of the movie as a backup

Thx. Looks like I will get a 5 pack of BD-RE 50’s 6X for 45 plus shipping.

Edit: Opps, I mean BD-R’s

[QUOTE=zhadoom;2461006]The normal times to a full 45GB BD-RE DL is about one and half hour at 2x. Your burn takes more time because of the defect management is probably active. Defect management verifies the write process reading back the recent write.[/QUOTE]

Is defect management needed for Bluray video?
I just burned one with it off and it took 1hr 6min. 34.2GB on a Mitsubishi BD-RE DL at 2X. Burned with Power2go from an image created from AnyDVD HD.
Only glitch was when I skipped chapters, one chapter had some crackling in the RF speaker. It was a DTS MA track played through my LG BDR 390’s analog outputs. Didn’t test it much 'cause the wife wanted to watch it. So when I played it from the begining, it played flawlessly.

[QUOTE=Dixon Butz;2463122]Is defect management needed for Bluray video?
I just burned one with it off and it took 1hr 6min. 34.2GB on a Mitsubishi BD-RE DL at 2X. Burned with Power2go from an image created from AnyDVD HD.
Only glitch was when I skipped chapters, one chapter had some crackling in the RF speaker. It was a DTS MA track played through my LG BDR 390’s analog outputs. Didn’t test it much 'cause the wife wanted to watch it. So when I played it from the begining, it played flawlessly.[/QUOTE]

Defect management is used to check if data burned in the media is OK. The format used ( for video, data, music ,etc ) doesn’t matter. It takes twice more time but you can care less about your data integrity.