BD-RE DL 50Go on Panasonic or Yamaha

Hi ,

I just want to know …
I have 4 blu ray player, a Panasonic BD50, Yamaha BDS2900, Sony BDP-S550 and Sony PS3. I have also 2 bluray burner LG and plextor.

I’ve try to burn some movie on BD RE DL panasonic 50Go, I have the original movie. All OK …
My problem is here ! Batman Dark night RIP 1:1 work on Sony , not on Yamaha or panasonic ( Same player, Yamaha is a BD30 …)
Wanted work on sony , same thing for two others… pana and yam’
But Animatrix OK on all player !!! I have an FBI logo at starting with panasonic and yamaha, but not on SONY !!!

I test ON LG and Plextor burner… on UDF 2.5 ,2.6, 1.02 and 2.0 !!!
3h30 each burn …

Having an idea ???

You have too much money to waste on…

ok very interresting answer !!!
i don’t have much money , i’m reseller, and to fight against the theft of my Bluray, I prefer to demo copies

nobody has an idea of why panasonic readers are restricted for some copies?

Welcome to the forum Benchman

Have you checked for latest firmware updates for you players?

yes, but no firmware update for the Yamaha … lol 1.0
And My panasonic is up to date. 1.5

All my copy work on Sony BDP-S550 !!!

thx

Hi Benchman75,

I assume you have ripped your BD with AnyDVD HD using version <6.5.2.6. Also I guess you have set AnyDVD HD to remove region code. If my above assumptions are right, the burned disc won’t work with Panasonic based players.

So to make it work: Rip your BD again without using region code remover, or upgrade your AnyDVD HD to version 6.5.2.6 ( see http://www.slysoft.com/download/changes_anydvd.txt ).

Before burning, please make sure you are using latest firmware on your burners. Also disable AnyDVD HD and screen savers. Then burn your BD with ImgBurn available at http://www.imgburn.com/ . Using “Write files / Folder to disc” -mode, and drag & dropping (or manually selecting) correct BD files or directory to Source, ImgBurn automatically chooses correct burning parameters for you. For example the correct UDF version for Blu-ray is 2.50.

My guestimate is, different laser pickup, different sensitivity.

I have several BD-RE DL from various brands, not all of them plays in all player I’ve tested.

Thanks all !!

But I wonder if this not from some movie, 'cause almost all movies that I watched works. Just Wanted and Batman !!

Worse, once on a compressed disk 25 giga byte, Batman works on the Yamaha !!!

I will try another time with ANYDVD Up to date with Batman…

See You

[quote=Benchman75;2238061]Thanks all !!

But I wonder if this not from some movie, 'cause almost all movies that I watched works. Just Wanted and Batman !!

Worse, once on a compressed disk 25 giga byte, Batman works on the Yamaha !!!

I will try another time with ANYDVD Up to date with Batman…

See You[/quote]When you said “a compressed disk 25GB”, is it BD-R?

In my observation, most blu-ray player will play BD-R/RE 25GB and BD-R DL 50GB. They are only picky if we feed them rewritable BD-RE DL 50GB.

I mean I compress a 50 GB Bluray to a iso 25 with software which I forgot the name. And it works !!! Yamaha works fine, but i have just only sound on panasonic !!!

You’re right, I will test the Batman on a BD-R DL …

[QUOTE=Benchman75;2240301]I mean [B][B]I compress[/B][/B] a 50 GB Bluray to a iso 25 with software which I forgot the name. And it works !!! Yamaha works fine, but i have just only sound on panasonic !!!

You’re right, I will test the Batman on a BD-R DL …[/QUOTE]

Probably you meant “recode”…

Benchman75, did you test those movies (Dark Night, Wanted, Animatrix) , on the same BD-RE DL disc or using different discs? I ask because I too have problem with BD-RE DL, not all disc play in my player. 2 out of 3 Sony BD-RE DL won’t play in my PS3, even if I reburn with the same movie that plays in the 1 disc.

Did you manage to re-burn on BD-R DL? How was it?