Bd-re/best Price/place To Buy

vbimport

Yep, I took the LG GBW-H20L plunge at CC for $189.99 with that $40 off coupon, now they have me with the need to buy some media for this hog. Also not a sinle BD drive I have will do a quality scan. ARGH!

Deals come and go but I have not seen any sales for a while on BD media, and when they do show up they don’t last long :frowning:

Try a TRT and Scandisk in CDspeed…

p.s. you have a Lite-On DH-401S? That should scan the burned discs…

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2111585]Deals come and go but I have not seen any sales for a while on BD media, and when they do show up they don’t last long :frowning:

Try a TRT and Scandisk in CDspeed…

p.s. you have a Lite-On DH-401S? That should scan the burned discs…[/QUOTE]
Can’t remember what I have on the other box. Let me check.
Did not load this morning but seems to be working now.
I am scanning my worst media=verbat-R

close your eyes on this one///plays fine//burning one for kicks out of my fine wine cellar next

Verbat-R is your worst media? :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: I thought you wanted to scan BD-R media lol.

[QUOTE=etp;2111592]Can’t remember what I have on the other box. Let me check.
Did not load this morning but seems to be working now.
I am scanning my worst media=verbat-R[/QUOTE]

:sad:[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2111620]Verbat-R is your worst media? :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: I thought you wanted to scan BD-R media lol.[/QUOTE]
Don’t have any yet.:sad:
That might be fixed soon.:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2111620]Verbat-R is your worst media? :p[/QUOTE]

:iagree:

If it’s manufactured by Prodisc, it’s my worst media as well. CMC is fine, but Prodisc is completely shot to hell.

There are usually media sales from time to time. For instance Circuit City had a sale for Verbatim 2x BD-R for $5 I think because the new 4x BD-R is coming.

If you want, try rima.com. I found Ritek BD-R is okay for testing and it plays fine in my PS3.

BD-RE is still pretty expensive everywhere so your best bet is ebay. :wink:

[QUOTE=etp;2111603]close your eyes on this one///plays fine//burning one for kicks out of my fine wine cellar next[/QUOTE]

:clap:

[QUOTE=zevia;2112086]There are usually media sales from time to time. For instance Circuit City had a sale for Verbatim 2x BD-R for $5 I think because the new 4x BD-R is coming.

If you want, try rima.com. I found Ritek BD-R is okay for testing and it plays fine in my PS3.

BD-RE is still pretty expensive everywhere so your best bet is ebay. ;)[/QUOTE]

those were TDK

I REALLY wish I would have went out and found those TDK’s as the 2x BD-R’s burn at 4x on the GBW-H20L!

[QUOTE=nekrosoft13;2113069]those were TDK[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=etp;2111513]Yep, I took the LG GBW-H20L plunge at CC for $189.99 with that $40 off coupon, now they have me with the need to buy some media for this hog. Also not a sinle BD drive I have will do a quality scan. ARGH![/QUOTE]

At Fry’s, there are new Memorex BD-R and -RE spindles (15 discs on each). Both are Made in Taiwan, so it’s a compromise (not quite MIJ, but they must have gotten bad reviews on the Made in USA’s).

BD-R spindles on sale for $69.99 (usually $89.99). -RE spindles $149.99.

At $4.70 a piece for BD-R is a good price, personally I would grab a pack :cool:

I don’t have any of the MIT BD-R’s so it would be interesting to see a ScanDiscs and TRT of those if anyone gets them.

[QUOTE=Chick_Hearn;2113128]At Fry’s, there are new Memorex BD-R and -RE spindles (15 discs on each). Both are Made in Taiwan, so it’s a compromise (not quite MIJ, but they must have gotten bad reviews on the Made in USA’s).

BD-R spindles on sale for $69.99 (usually $89.99). -RE spindles $149.99.[/QUOTE]

Fry’s advertised 25GB Sony 2x speed discs BD-R @ $7.99, BD-RE $9.99.

Take ad to different stores for price matching, prices become $6.70 and $8.49. Not too bad. advertised price ends Tues, Sep 30, so you have one day to basically force some stores to honour their price matching policies. :slight_smile:

clearing shelf space for faster rated discs? probably…

Damn, another good Fry’s deal and I don’t have one anywhere near me :frowning:

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2134630]Damn, another good Fry’s deal and I don’t have one anywhere near me :([/QUOTE]

Same Here in North East New Jersey :a

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2113082]I REALLY wish I would have went out and found those TDK’s as the 2x BD-R’s burn at 4x on the GBW-H20L![/QUOTE]

Picked up a 3 Pack of TDK’s at COSTCO. Calgary, Alberta.

2- BD-R 25GB
1- BD-RE 25GB

TDK BLURAY 3 pack $37.99 canadian dollars

so thats what $15.00 US ha ha

bestbuy in canada has 3pack BE RE $37,5pack Rs for the same price,memorex,i have been using the REs for awhile and work great,just got a sony disc BE RE DL,for some reason my 60gig ps3 wont read the second layer,working on that to find out why,cheers