BD-RE and multisession

vbimport

Hello all,

Has anyone had any joy with the above?

I have a Pioneer 202 and Verbatim rewritables.

The first session in Nero goes just fine, however further sessions simply don’t get written to the disc, even though the burn process says successful.

From the limited info I found in Google, I believe one needs UDF 2.6+ in order for multisession to work properly, however when I change the version manually with Nero I get unreadable discs. So I installed InCD, hoping to acquire some newer UDF drivers. Unfortunately then, Nero can’t take control of the drive to make a disc as it’s “in use”.

Write once discs are working brilliantly, but I also have about 50GB of regularly changing data, which multisession becomes invaluable for.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

If it’s data you’re writing to the disc. Why not just format the BD-RE in Windows (UDF2.5) and drag and drop files onto the disc?

I’ve only tried this on Vista

Well, Nero’s automatic add/refresh/delete files to/from compilation is a lot less hassle than me hunting for changes in explorer.

I have a ton of subdirectories!

[QUOTE=Dee-27;2025845]If it’s data you’re writing to the disc. Why not just format the BD-RE in Windows (UDF2.5) and drag and drop files onto the disc?

I’ve only tried this on Vista[/QUOTE]

On my burning PC, I’m still using Windows 2000. The drag and drop feature for BD-RE works just fine for me. :slight_smile:

[B]Bump[/B].

Thanks Dee. :clap:
My son told me a while ago UDF format even works on W7.

Nowdays that Blu-Ray -RE media becomes cheap and this is every Joes possibility it might be on time to wake up the gang. :bigsmile:

Sorry, Linux still struggles with this in some parts. Any member having a halping hand?