BD-R media that will burn at 6x on Matshita / Panasonic UJ240AS

vbimport

I have tried multiple brands of discs and the best I can seem to burn at is 4x using Imgburn. Unfortunately since I bought the generic bare bones drive and installed it in my laptop none of the OEM branded firmware upgrades will work so I’m stuck on version 1.00.

Has anyone with this drive been able to find BD-R media that will burn at 6x on this drive. 25 GB discs would be fine for my purposes. Thanks!

Have you tried updating the firmware with this? Looking at the 1.04 and 1.12 update pages, it appears that the 1.04 is appropriate for your 1.00 drive?

Thanks for the tip but yes i have tried the version 1.04 you linked to as well version 1.12 on this page: http://tickett.wordpress.com/2011/06/16/matshita-uj240as-firmware-bd-rom-riplock/

Unfortunately on both of them I get a “Target Drive Not Connected Error” See attached image. I saw this thread to basically bypass the drive check but it seems way over my head: http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=46473&start=25

Sorry. Was hoping that might help. What BD-R have you tried burning? Any Panasonic, Sony, or Verbatim? They are most commonly allowed top speed.

Can’t find a media list for that drive anywhere :a.

Here’s hoping a member has been faced with your dilemma and found the answer :).

I have used Verbatim but it was the LTH type and even though it was rated at 6X it only burned at 2X. I’ve also tried Philips, Digistor, and CMC Magnetics, all rated at 6X but they only burn at 4X

I’m thinking the non LTH verbatim might burn at higher speeds? Any suggestions for the specific verbatim disc model?

Sony and Panasonic look a little more expensive and I’m not willing to pay almost triple the price to go from 4X to 6X. However, for Sony I did find this site and the price is good. Does this look like legit sony media that will burn at 6X?: http://www.govgroup.com/bnr25a_6x_bd_r_media_50bnr25ap6-2045531-prd1.htm?productFeedId=0&utm_source=googleBaseFeed&utm_medium=shoppingEngine&utm_campaign=Google&source=productlistings21209411310&origin=pla

I wish I could tell you if those Sony’s are NN3s. As that seller is hardly specialized in blank media, I’m not sure if contacting them for confirmation will do any good. But worth a try. That would be a nice price for NN3s. But you also might end up with Ritek or MBI MID BD-R.

As 6x Verbatim non-LTH have been around since early '09, I suspect they should be supported in your firmware and they are available in smaller quantities if you’re inclined to test them.

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2669645]I wish I could tell you if those Sony’s are NN3s. As that seller is hardly specialized in blank media, I’m not sure if contacting them for confirmation will do any good. But worth a try. That would be a nice price for NN3s. But you also might end up with Ritek or MBI MID BD-R.

As 6x Verbatim non-LTH have been around since early '09, I suspect they should be supported in your firmware and they are available in smaller quantities if you’re inclined to test them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I may test the Sony’s but is: 50BNR25AP6 the same as “NN3’s” I know I’d have to go on blind faith on the website.

And I hear you for testing purposes I’d rather get a 10 pack of non-LTH Verbatims rather than potentially get stuck with 50 Sony’s that don’t burn quickly.

For the Sony’s at smaller quantities the pricing isn’t competitive.