BD-R media for archival purposes?

I so far kept away from burning blu-ray media, but with prices approaching the prices of DVD media (per GB) I am tempted to give them a try (after buying a blu-ray writer). How good are for example the Verbatim 25GB BD-R (HTL) 6x media?

For me personally single layer and Panasonic or M-Disc are the only viable choices. I consider Verbatim HTL as second choice only.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=sengork;2788394]For me personally single layer and Panasonic or M-Disc are the only viable choices. I consider Verbatim HTL as second choice only.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I am not aware of a source for Panasonic media and the cost of M-Disc media last time I checked was unreasonably high (for me).

What Verbatim 6x would you get? Original VERBATIMe Verbatim Data Life Plus or CMCMAGBA5 Data Life (without Plus)?
Panasonic media is available @ ebay.

If you do decide on Verbatim make sure it has the MABL markings.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=sengork;2788447]If you do decide on Verbatim make sure it has the MABL markings.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

On Verbatim’s website I only noticed some BD-R media in jewel cases (5 and 10 pack) with MABL markings. I did not notice any spindles and these are labeled as Datalife.

You’ve to look for their so-called professional media, e.g. #43743 & #43738:
http://www.verbatim.de/de/prod/bd-r-25gb-6x-wide-white-thermal-printable-25-pack-spindle-no-id-brand-43743/
http://www.verbatim.de/de/prod/bd-r-sl-25gb-6x-wide-printable-25-pack-spindle-no-id-brand-43738/
those should be VERBATIMe media BD-Rs.
The “normal” ones are CMCMAGBA5 (still pretty good though).

[QUOTE=Oinker;2788453]You’ve to look for their so-called professional media, e.g. #43743 & #43738:
http://www.verbatim.de/de/prod/bd-r-25gb-6x-wide-white-thermal-printable-25-pack-spindle-no-id-brand-43743/
http://www.verbatim.de/de/prod/bd-r-sl-25gb-6x-wide-printable-25-pack-spindle-no-id-brand-43738/
those should be VERBATIMe media BD-Rs.
The “normal” ones are CMCMAGBA5 (still pretty good though).[/QUOTE]

Where do you see the MABL markings on the above media?

I’m not sure where these unlabled discs have any because they don’t seem to come with the usual logos on the label, but they’re Data Life Plus discs, the “normal”/Data Life (without Plus) are CMC discs, so this should be other media code BD-Rs.

[QUOTE=Oinker;2788456]I’m not sure where these unlabled discs have any because they don’t seem to come with the usual logos on the label, but they’re Data Life Plus discs, the “normal”/Data Life (without Plus) are CMC discs, so this should be other media code BD-Rs.[/QUOTE]

DataLifePlus discs are only printable?

The 25 packs seem to printables only, I haven’t seen others yet.

Verbatim BD-R as shown below are fine (hard Coat - MAB*L). Also if you can find JVC made by Taiyo Yuden would be another very good choice. Of course nothing comes close to an M-Disc as far as archiving is concerned.

[QUOTE=seven8;2788462]Verbatim BD-R as shown below are fine (hard Coat - MAB*L). Also if you can find JVC made by Taiyo Yuden would be another very good choice. Of course nothing comes close to an M-Disc as far as archiving is concerned.[/QUOTE]

I am aware of the above Verbatim BD-R media, but as discs in jewel cases cost more, I was asking about spindles. Not sure if I can find JVC/Taiyo Yuden media.

They are available in spindles as well :iagree:

Haven’t seen the 50 pack of those here yet, what Verbatim number is that? #43838 is the 50 pack of CMCMAGBA5 discs, so what are these?

[QUOTE=seven8;2788487]They are available in spindles as well :iagree:[/QUOTE]

The package of the 50 pack in the second picture looks like the package of DVD media made in India. Where are these made?

Mine are made in Taiwan - 10 disc spindle, double layer BD-R. Same goes for the box-version BD-R I got. Both versions are original Verbatim with a Disc ID: VERBAT - IMf - 000
For the pictures above I am not sure since pictures are from the web.