BD-R blank media: Which manufacturer hides behind the Labels?

vbimport

Thanks Katraine - always find your information very helpful.

[QUOTE=Mazuda;2774416]HI ALL !

I got a 10 piece spindle here from "Mediarange DL 50GB - full inkjet printable"
Imgburn tells me; VERBAT-IMf-000

I think the “f” stands for faulty. Because these discs were hell cheap. And it is giving me issues around the layerbreak (Samsung SE506CB )[/QUOTE]

I got ahold of some Mediarange BD-R50 6x full inkjet printable in 10 piece spindles with the mediacode VERBATIMf, and I can confirm bad quality issues around the layerbreak.:(:Z
Burned them with 4x in a second generation LiteOn, which usually delivers good results with this mediacode, but no chance.:sad:

I talked to the Mediarange custumer service and asked, why they changed the mediacode. It´s because CMC Magnetics couldn´t deliver enough CMCMAG DI6 when Mediarange ordered new BD-R DL, they had free capacities for VERBATIMf only at that time.
Seems, as if Mediarange got the worst of it.:frowning:

It´s a pity, You can´t buy Mediarange BD-R DL any more as long as these ugly VERBATIMf are out there, because You can´t tell from the spindle, what´s in it and no retailer can or will tell You.

So another good source for good quality BD-R DL media bites the dust.:doh:

I cannot upload the scan, I don´t know why.:confused:
Perhaps too much red in it?:a

Hi, quick question… Anyone like the plexdisc bd-r dl 6x white inkjet for reliability ?

Some customer reviews at amazon.com say they are Verbatims, must be CMC made VERBATIMf then.
If You can´t scan Your burns, I wouldn´t trust them blind, could be the same crap Mediarange sells currently.

Mediarange BD-R50 6x printable (spindle of 10) new blue/white package design
manufactured by CMC MAGnetics
Mediacode VERBATIMf
burned (or burnt) at 4x speed
in a liteOn iHBS 312 2:

FUBAR!:a:sad:

My LG BH10LS30 aborted the burn of the second disc out of the same spindle with 6x at 55% with the famous I/O error.:a

Mediarange BD-R50 6x printable (spindle of 10) new blue/white package design
Mediacode CMCMAG DI6
burned at 6x speed
in a Pioneer BDR S09 :bow::clap:

I got both mediacodes in the same delivery. What a mess!:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=katraine;2776481]Mediarange BD-R50 6x printable (spindle of 10) new blue/white package design
Mediacode VERBATIMf
burned (or burnt) at 4x speed
in a liteOn iHBS 312 2:

FUBAR!:a:sad:

My LG BH10LS30 aborted the burn of the second disc out of the same spindle with 6x at 55% with the famous I/O error.:a[/QUOTE]

Burn any better with a different writer?

I didn´t try any other writer.
Two total losses out of two are enough for me.:frowning:
The LiteOns were my first pick with 4x speed for VERBATIMf, if they cant´t deal with this mediacode, it´s hopeless.
I contacted the Mediarange customer sevice and sent them my scans.
The LG BH10LS30 with 6x was their suggestion for their VERBATIMf.:doh:

I sent my faulty VRBATIMf to Mediarange then and got very good CMCMAG DI6 in exchange and I´m happy now, thank You, Mediarange!:flower::clap:

2x “original” Verbatim BD-R50 6x printable (JC)
Mediacode VERBATIMf
burned at 4x speed
1st in a liteOn iHBS 312 2
2nd in a TEAC BD-W512GSA (LiteOn Clone)

The area around the layer change is not a problem here. :wink:

[QUOTE=katraine;2776538]
I sent my faulty VRBATIMf to Mediarange then and got very good CMCMAG DI6 in exchange and I´m happy now, thank You, Mediarange!:flower::clap:[/QUOTE]

Here in Brazil, if you ask to exchange defective media or to distributor, the answer you receive is: “Update your firmware or change your drive. It’s not our problem”… :sad:

They haven´t developed new mediacodes for years, so any writer available should - theoretically - be able to burn any medium available in good quality.
It´s always the same lame excuse.:a
There are only a few brands left which still take complaints about quality seriously and care for what they are selling.:frowning:

Hi-Disc BD-R50 6x = RITEK DR3 :doh: :Z

I bought some BD-RE 25Gb from TDK, ODC shows that it’s a Ritek one (RITEKBW1 001). I burned it, verified and guess what. Read errors near the edge of the disc. Not even a scratch.

I can’t scan the quality because I got a BH16NS55, but the transfer rate failed 3, 4, and even 5 times at reading the disc.

Also, my HTL BD-R’s from Verbatim are CMCMAG BA5. Didn’t have any problem so far, but my LTH “VERBATIMu (000)” ones were so problematic, Transfer rates are coasters and 5 of 25 were faulty discs.

Thank You, I will add the TDK BD-RE to our Database.

The Verbatim BD-R25 6x LTH are made by CMC in Taiwan now, they are even worse than those made in Singapore earlier.:frowning:

[QUOTE=Ibex;2770732][U][B]Warning regarding Infomedia-branded BD-R[/B][/U] (in the UK)

Infomedia-branded BD-R DL discs have recently appeared for sale on the web in the UK from various vendors, often at an extremely good price. But before you get your hopes up, it appears that they are [U]Ritek[/U].

http://www.optical-disc.co.uk/acatalog/BLU_RAY_50GB_Double_Layer_Discs.html

Worryingly, this supplier (who I suspect is the importer) now states that the SL discs are Ritek also. :eek::sad:

http://www.optical-disc.co.uk/acatalog/BLU_RAY_25GB_Single_Layer_Discs.html

If the SL are now Ritek, then it would be a disaster. The Infomedia-branded BD-R on sale in the UK so far have been Infomedia MID discs of very high quality and at a fantastic price.[/QUOTE]

This is terrible news, I bought quite a lot of these when the MID was INFOME-R40 and they were wonderful discs, well priced, well made and very good scans.

I got close to the end of my supply and went to order some more and found out they were Ritek :frowning:

I bought 10 spindles of 50 Infomedia in June 2015 from amazon.co.uk for GBP 16,94 per spindle, when they were still INFOMER40. :wink:
Only opened one spindle so far, they will last to the end of all days for me.:bigsmile:
These Infomedia branded discs were far better and more consistent than the Melody branded discs with the same mediacode, I was very pleased with the quality burned at 4x in the latest Pioneer writers.:clap::cool:

Yes I bought many at the same price or sometimes around £18. Unfortunately I pretty much used them up already, maybe have half a spindle left. They were definitely very good for the price, it is a shame they changed to Ritek.

@Elgario: Did you buy some discs and find they were Ritek? Or did you read that they were and not buy?

Have there have been any confirmed sightings of these Infomedia-branded SL discs being Riteks?

I’m wondering if the information I have given was correct. As far as I know Infomedia MID BD-R DL discs don’t exist, so we should assume the DL discs are Ritek. But the SL discs changing from Infomedia to Ritek coincided with the introduction of the DL discs. So maybe there has been a mix up?

Is anyone brave enough to buy another pack and find out? They have disappeared from Amazon & Ebay, but the optical-disc.co.uk still have them for £10.50/50pk +VAT.

http://www.optical-disc.co.uk/acatalog/BLU_RAY_25GB_Single_Layer_Discs.html

[QUOTE=katraine;2776198]Some customer reviews at amazon.com say they are Verbatims, must be CMC made VERBATIMf then.
If You can´t scan Your burns, I wouldn´t trust them blind, could be the same crap Mediarange sells currently.[/QUOTE]
I recently bought a pack of these and unfortunately they are Ritek.

Anyone heard of Optical Quantum? (says manufactured by Optodisc Taiwan). First BDRs I’ve bought.