BD-R blank discs

vbimport

I have a Sony Vaio laptop.The drive plays retail blu ray movies and dvds just fine.I have no problem with using blank dvds or cds.
I recently bought a single 25g BD-R blank disc for backup and my computer does not recognize it and literally spits it out.
My question is, are blank bd-r’s dark shaded instead of clear like regular dvd’s?.I’m wondering if I got a defected disc or if it’s computer related.They are kinda expensive so I’m hesitant on buying another.
Thank you

[QUOTE=invalid;2497816]I have a Sony Vaio laptop.The drive plays retail blu ray movies and dvds just fine.I have no problem with using blank dvds or cds.
I recently bought a single 25g BD-R blank disc for backup and my computer does not recognize it and literally spits it out.
My question is, are blank bd-r’s dark shaded instead of clear like regular dvd’s?.I’m wondering if I got a defected disc or if it’s computer related.They are kinda expensive so I’m hesitant on buying another.
Thank you[/QUOTE]

Your laptop drive is only a Blu-Ray reader but a DVD/CD writer/reader. It cannot write to blank Blu-Ray discs at all. Its write capabilites are limited to DVD and CD.

Makes sense.Thank you.