BD playback on dvd on a ps3?

vbimport

hi all, i wonder if any of you can help me please?
i have just transferred an mpeg2 file to m2ts using TsRemux (which worked fine on the ps3) then i used TsRemux again to get change it to BluRay, but when i put it onto a dvd using IMGburn 2.4.0.0( it would show on the ps3 as AVCHD and when played it said cannot display PAL broadcast. the content is in HD not PAL so it should play fine as the m2ts file did, right?
i used UDF2.50 file system (i tried UDF2.60 later and it didn’t show up on PS3!!) my PS3 is an NTSC one but is connected through HDMI & 1080p projector so i am getting full HD.
are there any serttings i’m missing somewhere?
the problem either has to be in the change to blu-ray format or the burning itself.
anyone help me please?

cheers

[QUOTE=dodgyroge;1997925]hi all, i wonder if any of you can help me please?
i have just transferred an mpeg2 file to m2ts using TsRemux (which worked fine on the ps3) then i used TsRemux again to get change it to BluRay, but when i put it onto a dvd using IMGburn 2.4.0.0( it would show on the ps3 as AVCHD and when played it said cannot display PAL broadcast. [B]the content is in HD not PAL[/B] so it should play fine as the m2ts file did, right?
i used UDF2.50 file system (i tried UDF2.60 later and it didn’t show up on PS3!!) my PS3 is an NTSC one but is connected through HDMI & 1080p projector so i am getting full HD.
are there any serttings i’m missing somewhere?
the problem either has to be in the change to blu-ray format or the burning itself.
anyone help me please?

cheers[/QUOTE]

I wonder why do you think PAL has something to do with HDTV (or even SD)??

If you first able to watch m2ts on your PS3, then it should be no problem watching it on AVCHD.

What is the exact error on your PS3?

Maybe you can trim to 1-2 mins and upload on sendspace.com for us with PS3 to test?

thanks for the quick replies guys.

ok, i’ve done some serious checking into the original files and tried all different methods, firstly UDF2.60 did NOT work on my NTSC PS3, it didn’t recognise the disc but the UDF2.50 was ok, but wrong signal.
ok, the reason it won’t work is that the framerate is 25fps as it looks like it came from a PAL tv source and whoever encoded to mkv made it 25fps.
so it won’t work from a disc but the m2ts file will work perfectly.
thanks for your help though, i do appreciate you taking the time
cheers
Roge

p.s. does anyone know what chef was trying to say?

The best way to work this out is to rip from original disc so you will not have trouble with region coding or bad file transfers.

[QUOTE=dodgyroge;1998468]
p.s. does anyone know what chef was trying to say?[/QUOTE]

Please see post #5. :wink:

yeah, unfortunately these 6 films won’t be available on bluray for the foreseeable future :o(
so i had to get the mkv of the hdtv broadcast. perfect though, had to add my own tracks on 3 of them from the dvd releases as were only in stereo.
will definitely get from disc in future where i can though :wink:

[QUOTE=dodgyroge;1998909]yeah, unfortunately these 6 films won’t be available on bluray for the foreseeable future :o(
[B]so i had to get the mkv of the hdtv broadcast. [/B]perfect though, had to add my own tracks on 3 of them from the dvd releases as were only in stereo.
will definitely get from disc in future where i can though ;)[/QUOTE]

MKV “broadcasted” in HDTV via ??? :confused:

no Chef,
i got the mkv file OFF OF the HDTV broadcast(that means someone encoded the hdtv original broadcast into mkv file and upped it :slight_smile:

sorry for the con