BD gone bad?

vbimport

Hi gang.
i was getting some data off a BD for some hours, and I locked it up, it went that transparent white. and I stopped it with the Task Manager. Now when I load it, it’s not recognized. Just doesn’t play. Other BD’s work fine. Could I have damaged the BD ? I thought once it was finalized it wouldn’t accept anything? Fixable? Or more garbage.

You can’t damage the disc by reading off of it.

Try recovering data from it with ISOBuster.

[QUOTE=skoville;2732746]Hi gang.
i was getting some data off a BD for some hours, and I locked it up, it went that transparent white. and I stopped it with the Task Manager. Now when I load it, it’s not recognized. Just doesn’t play. Other BD’s work fine. Could I have damaged the BD ? I thought once it was finalized it wouldn’t accept anything? Fixable? Or more garbage.[/QUOTE]

What software did you use to write the BD? Also when your just getting data off unless your writing to it doing what your doing shouldn’t prevent you from accessing the BD. I think you have more hardware problem and it isn’t a BD media problem but since we have no hardware specs this is hard to know what is going on.

It was made awhile back when I was using BD Rebuilder to try a couple of movies but it could have been something else. I was trying a lot of programs.
The unit is a LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14NS40 ATA. Windows states it’s the best driver.

Trying IsoBuster 3.3 now. So far I’m getting “Blank CD”. Not knowing what I’m doing, of course. Looking through the help.

I haven’t worked with BD so take that into consideration.
I’m also IsoBuster Pro v 2.8.5.0 because I didn’t need an upgrade for what I do.
The upgrade to v 3 isn’t free.

On a DVD you would use “Extract” usually to an .iso .
right click on the disk in the tree.
On a damaged or problem DVD I find using the " Findng missing files & folders" helpful used first.
I hope this helps with the BD.

You three people always seem to be in the thick of it.

I’m using IsoBuster 3.3 trial.

Have to get this in before the puter crashes again

I guess I have bigger fish to fry. Darn thing keeps rebooting to the MoBo splash screen or just black. I’m in Safe/networking mode now.

IsoBuster gives me the “Blank Screen” as a result. I have tried going to File Blank CD cut that’s as far as I can go. Everything is greyed out.

Anyway. It really overheated on me the other day. I’m talking about 100 C.
I think that fried something. Any ideas on this? Seems to work in Safe, that must mean something. I think the video drivers are shut off in safe mode. Can’t be that simple, can it?

You have some basic drivers in safe mode.
This is what I would try for the booting problem.
If you have the BD disk in a drive remove it.

If your computer still won’t boot normally .
Do you have a recovery disc for your OS ?
An install disc can be used for this also.
Boot from the disk.
Do any repair options it offers.
When you get to this window select “Start up Repair”.

Did the start up repair. My repair disc didn’t work. Of course I made it. Getting the new driver right now, then I’ll try to boot from disc.

What OS are you using ?
Did you create your recovery disc from an online .iso ?
Burned with ImgBurn to CD or DVD depending on size ?

Ya know. I just reformatted the OS drive so if it’s messed up the disc might be. After I get this video driver in, I have win 8 on a dual boot, I’m going to try that. This is Win 7-64.

If you have a shared downloads partition between both OS,download Display Driver Uninstaller ,unpack it,reboot your windows 7 into safe mode and run it from that location…
If you don’t have a shared partition,run windows 8 to download it,unpack the program and copy it to the ‘public’ folder of your win 7 partition,then reboot to win 7 in safe mode and run it…
The program is the successor of Driver Sweeper for newer OS and can remove your graphics card drivers in safe mode…maybe after removal of the (corrupted ?) drivers you can reboot in normal mode again and do a fresh install of the videocard drivers…

reboot in normal mode again and do a fresh install of the videocard drivers…

This is funny. Of all the driers I’ve ever installed, I’ve never installed them in safe mode. I’m always reading a post about “do every thing in safe mode for a clean boot”. Today I tried to install the video driver in safe mode three times and wouldn’t work. Googled some and found out AMD drivers won’t install in safe mode. Live and learn.
I didn’t think it would stay on long enough to install, but so far so good. Just in case, I’ll have to see where 8 is.
Hey, thanks for hanging in there.

You can’t install them in safe mode…:disagree:
It won’t work…but you can REMOVE them in safe mode with the program I mentioned,so MAYBE you can reboot into normal mode again to install them again…

Right. I used the usual ATI uninstall in safe mode, then installed in normal mode. I really didn’t think it would stay running long enough to install but it’s still going. [I]Maybe[/I]

If you have a shared downloads partition between both OS

I have no idea how to tell. Maybe I’m not thinking. I’ll google some more. Kind of giddy because it hasn’t rebooted. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=skoville;2732824]Right. I used the usual ATI uninstall in safe mode, then installed in normal mode. I really didn’t think it would stay running long enough to install but it’s still going. [I]Maybe[/I][/QUOTE]

I’m surprised that ATI’s own uninstaller worked in safe mode…:confused:

The full installer .iso for Windows 7 64 bit of the version you have is the one to download.
I think this is the site where I downloaded it but not sure because I’ve had it for a while.
http://www.techverse.net/download-windows-7-iso-x86-x64-microsofts-official-servers/

The DVD you burn the .iso to with ImgBurn is bootable .
Boot to it . You can ususally use F12 to select your DVD drive if it isn’t the first in the boot order. If you can’t then you will need to set it first in the BIOS.
When it boots you will get this screen:

Then this screen:
Select “Repair your computer”

Let it do the repair requested if it wants to there.
Then select next . Then select “Startup Repair” .
Let it do the repair & “Restart”.

Thanks cholla. So far so good, but I’ll download that just in case.