BD File Systems

vbimport

Here is a question for those that have backed up data on BD. Which is the best file system choice? The reason I ask is because I really haven’t paid much attention to this for my burns.

Mine are all CDFS. Pros/cons to this?

Thanks.

use UDF

[QUOTE=nekrosoft13;2115285]use UDF

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Disk_Format[/QUOTE]

Using the nero burning rom, it defaults to UDF 1.5/ISO9960. So that’s what I’ve been burning with this whole time. Are both synonymous with CDFS?

Maybe using UDF 2.0 is better, huh? I think that’s the file system for all of my DVD burns in the past. I just assumed nero would default to that (my fault for not checking).

For my HD video, I use a different program which uses UDF 2.5

The BEST UDF rev. depends on your needs.

UDF of course is preferred.

When I burn data with Cyberlink, using default “UDF1.02/ISO9660” option, the disc seems to end up with two file systems:

Disc Type:  BD-ROM
                 File System:  CDFS
                 File System:  UDF 2.0
             Volume Name:  __________

The other two options are UDF1.02 and UDF 2.5

Using Nero, there are many more options if you choose manual settings “for advanced users”. But if you use the automatic settings option,

Disc Type:  BD-ROM
                   File System: UDF
                   File System: UDF 2.0
               Volume Name: __________

I suppose it doesn’t matter in the end as long as the OS can read it.

UDF 2.50

:cool::cool:

[quote=Chick_Hearn;2117035]I suppose it doesn’t matter in the end as long as the OS can read it.[/quote]Your OS can read it but your standalone Blu-ray player might not. As platinumsword, UDF 2.50 is the safest.

[QUOTE=zevia;2117106]Your OS can read it but your standalone Blu-ray player might not. As platinumsword, UDF 2.50 is the safest.[/QUOTE]

When authoring a BDV disc for playback, both programs default to UDF 2.5 (you can also choose UDF 2.6).

I was just curious about burned data discs (mp3/wav, photos, documents, large AVI/DIVX, etc). It was strange seeing both “CDFS” and UDF 2.0 listed as file systems when using the “Disc Info” tool on INCD.

According to a Panasonic PDF manual that came with an older DVD-RAM drive, UDF 1.5 was recommended for PC Data & UDF 2.0 for video-use (i.e. with DVD recorders, VRO/VOB files).

Speaking of video files, has anybody used Hauppauge’s new HD-PVR and successfully burned its H.264 files on either Nero or Cyberlink?