BD discs not detected Lite-On drive

Just bought a Blu-Ray Lite-On player. Netflix came in with new BD so I put one in and nothing. The drive shows up as “cd drive” in “my computer.” When I put a regular DVD in it plays flawlessly.

I’m using WinDVD for Blu-Ray but I don’t think they’re the issue as Windows isn’t even detecting it.

Opteron 144
Nvidia 8800 GT 512
gig of ram
Samsung 305T monitor with DVI cable
Win XP 32-bit

Discs tried include Blade Runner, I am Legend and Ratatouille.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=tom10167;2074716]Just bought a Blu-Ray Lite-On player. Netflix came in with new BD so I put one in and nothing. The drive shows up as “cd drive” in “my computer.” When I put a regular DVD in it plays flawlessly.

I’m using WinDVD for Blu-Ray but I don’t think they’re the issue as Windows isn’t even detecting it.

Opteron 144
Nvidia 8800 GT 512
gig of ram
Samsung 305T monitor with DVI cable
Win XP 32-bit

Discs tried include Blade Runner, I am Legend and Ratatouille.

Thanks. :)[/QUOTE]

What model of Liteon BD do you have? Did you check with WinDVD about the BD problem? How do you have it connected? What kinda motherboard do you have? Is it connected to motherboard or addin card? What version of WinDVD do you have?

It’s the latest version of WinDVD. It’s called 9+ Blu-Ray or something. As far as I know that’s the ONLY version that supports BD.

Lite-On Model DH-4O1S-11

I really don’t feel like dealing with Customer support because I don’t think the problem has anything to do with them and CS is usually terrible.

Mobo is a Lanparty and the drive is connected via standard SATA cable.

You can look at the contents of a BD disc through windows only if you can view UDF file formats which windows doesn’t do natively. You can DL a UDF viewer or driver for windows look for something on Google.

Ok did that, restarted. Not really sure what I’m supposed to be doing but when I right click, explore I still get the exact same error message.

I saw something about HDMI, do I need that?

Tom,

Could you please check your system with Cyberlink BD/HD advisor ([B]download here[/B]) and let us know if all is green?

I have not use WinDVD for quite a while but you should be able to playback Blu-ray movies with WinDVD.

However Explorer will not be able to see the files inside the disc until you install UDF driver in your system. You can download it here: http://download.cdfreaks.com/download/238 or from a link in my signature.

Let us know how it goes.

Okay I downloaded a .udf 2.5 file and it seems to have things working… sort of.

I can get it to play using some udf version 2.5 file I found on the internet. However playback is incredibly choppy and slow. Oddly enough if I let it buffer through about 1 minute of choppy playback and then play again it plays smoothly.

This is using Windvd 9, with my Opty running at ~2.4Ghz and Windvd9 is using about 25% of my CPU(only thing running really) and 300megs of my 1 gig of ram.

Help?
Oh it and only seems to be a motion thing.

For example sometimes during opening scenes you’ll just see a name like “Harrison Ford” sitting still, not scrolling like in credits.

During this, the sound is smooth and there appears to be no video skipping, even when transitioning to another name.

However, the second it goes to any type of motion, even credits, forget it. choppyness galore.

Also, Crank is saying region mismatch. the disc says 1 and I double checked and my drive is set to 1 as well.

Oh also, if I try to play a regular DVD which I’ve ripped to my computer which is stored as .vob files with a .iso for what seems like some type of indexing, I can play it in WD9 no problem.

If I try to play a regular, non-bootlegged, legit copy of any DVD I own in WD9, it just gets crazy green flashes all over the place. I can play it in WD4 no problem though.

POWERDVD FTMFW.
**** NERO
**** COREL
**** EVERYONE BUT POWERDVD

Everything works flawlessly as I can tell.

Awesome! So excited!