BD blank disk

Hi, what is the current price for a 50GB disk? and which brand is reliable.

50GB BD-R DL (write once) is between $9 - $15 depending where you buy.

50-GB BD-RE DL (rewritable) is around $17 - $25.

Brands that are recommended here are Verbatim, TDK, Sony, Panasonic.

Boy, they are still pricey wonder how long it take to have them for around $5 or so?

If you can get BD-R DL 50GB for $9-12 I think it’s a pretty good price. Of course the cheaper the better. :wink:

At $9-12, the price per GB ratio is pretty close to DVD+R DL. A Verbatim DVD+R DL is around $1.5 to $2 for 8.5GB capacity, and multiply by 6x you will get close to BD-R DL price.

Zaina,
Can you please post some links to the 50GB prices you mention.

I would like to buy 3 - 4 50GB BD-RE blank discs but the best I’ve found is around $40 each then have to add on shipping. Can’t see spending almost $200 for 4 discs.

I agree with Zevia that the prices Zaina mentions are very good, probably a lot better than the price we were paying the first few years for blank DVDs per GB.

Thanks

I agree with Zaina it is 1/3 the cost of the original BD disk, so in regards to total price for a back up is only 1/3 more so in that respect you are paying $40 with the back up. The burner is the killer at the begining.

Last time I bought it from ebay, 5 pack Sony 50GB BD-R DL for $52 + shipping from Japan. Sometimes you can find it less if you’re patient. Or wait for the next cdfreaks blu-ray event.

Thanks for the heads up.