BBC Planet Earth DVD or HD/DVD Defect

vbimport

In the last 3 day I have bought 3 set of DVD and 2 set of HD/DVD of BBC planet Earth with every set to have one or two disc defect and unplayable. What is wrong with quality manufacturing of this disc? All 5 set were bought and returned from 5 different stores.

You sure it’s not your player? Or are you using different players? This is the first that I have heard of this (provided it wasn’t a scratched up rental).

Yo-

All my BBC ‘Planet Earth’ HD-DVD’s play extremely well in both my Toshiba A3 and A35-eh!!

Have not played them all but so far so good.

Yup, just got mine on HD-DVD a couple of days ago and the first two discs play flawlessly. Will be starting the 3rd one tonight.

You guys better your check entire disc one by one as soon as you can before you realize that is too late to return them back. Also there is nothing wrong with my players, as a mater of the fact, one set was bought from Fry’s and when I returned the set they did checked them and found them to be defect.

Maybe this is their secret way of pushing the Blu-Ray format. Hmm. :wink:

I hope us not talking about some behind scene conspiracy going on.

Who knows. :eek: EDIT Just completed my entire BBC series on HD-DVD and it was mailed in from Best Buy. All played perfectly.

I might wait for another good sale for the HD format of the series from Fry’s, CC or BB and then buy it I won’t take chance to buy it from onliners.

Yeah, I don’t know what to tell you there since mine was ordered online.

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;2064754]Who knows. :eek: EDIT Just completed my entire BBC series on HD-DVD and it was mailed in from Best Buy. All played perfectly.[/QUOTE]

Yo-

My HD-DVD series too-eh!!

[QUOTE=TCAS;2062907]You guys better your check entire disc one by one as soon as you can before you realize that is too late to return them back. Also there is nothing wrong with my players, as a mater of the fact, one set was bought from Fry’s and when I returned the set they did checked them and found them to be defect.[/QUOTE]

OK, will start today. I e-mailed the discovery channel and they said they stood behind their products and would exchange any defective product.

I really like the plastic coating on the playing surface of my BDs BTW.

I thought that was all marketing garbage? (that last bit about Blu-Ray discs)

Also I was refering to HD and DVD version of the Planet Series with BBC production. I have no clue how the quality of Discovery made one is.