BattleField 1942 Successful

Hey all, just bought BattleField 1942 and made a successful backup. Used the SafeDisc 2 w/AWS profile from this site, runs like a charm.

Used a Lite-On LTD-163D as read and Lite-On 321248 as write.

Just if anyone wanted to make a backup, this worked for me so mebbe it will work for you :slight_smile:

Of course you know that LiteOn 32123S never needs AWS…

Tried it without AWS and I got a coaster so therefore mine does :slight_smile:

runs like a charm.

and you do not need a no-cd patch!!

but the prob. here is de key algoritme, joining online or in LAN is not posible without the original key :frowning:

Originally posted by Bear
Tried it without AWS and I got a coaster so therefore mine does :slight_smile:

LiteOn never needs AWS.

When you made a coaster, did you have “Always Close Last Session” enabled?

Nope. Maybe LiteOns dont need AWS, but mine apparently did, cause I tried it again with no AWS and, hey what ya know, same thing. Got a nice new coaster.

And yes I am positive I have a LiteOn.

Can someone verify that the Liteon 48X is SD2 compatible then? I have heard that it isnt, which would explain why AWS was needed!

Yep I can confirm, liteon 32123s works flawlessly with the profile safediskw aws or whatever its called… i made sure ignore cd thing was checked… Yea… gotta love it…

I can also confirm the successful backup of the game using the

• Toshiba SDM-1402 and
  • Liteon LTD-165H

as readers and the 2 X OC’d

• 2X Liteon OC’d 48X LTR-48125W

Read and wirte speed: MAX On The Fly

Write Method :RAW/DAO

as writer using the default SD2 option and NO AWS and the copy works fine with no problem and can also be patched with the latest version v. 1.1.

Originally posted by Serpeant
Can someone verify that the Liteon 48X is SD2 compatible then? I have heard that it isnt, which would explain why AWS was needed!

It is sd2 compatible (to use your expression). See here .

Burnt it flawlessly using my Lite-On 40x12x48x.

I have read everything until I am getting bug eyed. I have a plextor 24X and win XP in the US and I have tried the profiles with and with out aws and I have tried with cd-r and cd-rw and still the BF1942 wants the cd. I also tried the reg patch to use aws and hide cdr. Please help

AWS,in normal condicion,is not avalaible in USA,and of course your Plexy isn’t safe2.51.021 capable.
You got to change a setting in your registry or just select English (England,not USA) to get AWS enabled.

However maybe your reader doesn’t like the back-up made with Plex and AWS,it’s not a 1:1 copy,won’t work with every cd reader…Did you tru in the Plex itself?It should be able to let you play the game…

Bye

I gave up on it and sold my plextor 24X and now I am gonna get a lite on 40 X and a 48X plextor. I hope to have better luck with one of them

Plex 48x doesn’t work with safedisc 2.51.021+,LiteOn works great.
I think you made a mistake selling your Plexy 24x,it’s a great burner,specially for audio…and got 1x speed!

I think you just had to get out and buy a LiteOn drive to clone safe 2 protections…

Bye

Used scout to set profiles as it showed Battlefield to be Safe Disk 2.60 (UK) read and burned on Asus 4816A - Perfect copy read at 4x write at 8x .

Well it’s not too late to get my 24 X plextor back since I built the machine but why don’t you think the 48X is just as good as the 24X. BTW I also have a 12X scsi Plextor. Is it any good for anything?

Plex 12 x is a good burner,however doesn’t write safe2.
I think Plex 24x is better than 48x (at least at the moment) 'cause it has a better firmware (i mean with 4 updates you get a better burner) and 'cause you can write at 1x…
However Plex 48x is a great machine…but I think I would not change my 24x for a 48x Plexy.

Bye