Battlefield 1942 Secret Weapons Xpac

vbimport

Ok here goes, I would like to make a copy of my totally legal game. It was just released in the last couple of weeks and like most people who use computers know that you should have import stuff backed up. So after making the image of the Xpac2 I tried to make a BWA file because the game would not play it would only bring up the start screen so I figured that I would need the BWA file to make an exact copy, well low and behold after 3 hours it had only gone as far as 0.83%. I have made copies of the game and Xpac1 and they work just fine, but for some reason I’m not able to copy Secret Weapons has anyone else had this problem or is it just me. If it is me than could someone point me in the right direction. :bow:

Why making a bwa file, the game is safedisk 2.9, use alcohol, it can do the job…

I use Nero or BlindWrite but I guess I’ll have to get another program if I want to burn a copy, thanks for the reply.

Why making a bwa file, the game is safedisk 2.9, use alcohol, it can do the job…

Blindwrite can do the job, no problems at all, the answer is not alcohol, it is possible that alcohol is blacklisted.

What reader are you using start with the basics so we can help.

BlindWrite will do the job just fine :stuck_out_tongue: . And Nero ??? :eek: Don’t think so.

blindwrite will do the job …I just got done backing it up tonight …

just got that expansion … also it is very dependant on your burner …for any sd 2.9 or where you read it from …but yes it can be done …

I now have the newest versions of BlindWrite and Alcohol 120%. I use my burner when creating the image (lite-on 24102B). I have copied:

UT 2003
Medal of Honour and Spearhead
Battlefield 1942 and Road to Rome
Command and Conquer Generals

These all work fine, but Battlefields second Xpac gives me no joy. It makes the image and burns it, everything is on the disc. I put it in either the reader or burner and it does the same thing with both it spins up I click on the play button and the start screen appears then it just sits there for a minute then blink its gone and the game is off. The real copy works fine no issues what so ever.

The system:
P III 700 overclocked to 868
512 MB RAM
GF 4 Ti4200 (128 MB RAM)
Asus 50 x reader
Lite-on 24102B burner
WD 120 GB harddrive with 8 MB buffer
OS w2k pro

Thanks to all who replied.

P.S. I have made many images at least 4 to see if that was the problem. I also made images using Alcohol.

FYI i only use Nero for creating data or mp3 discs.

GrandMaster

did you use autoplay when doing it in blindwrite ? also what are your motherboard drives …yes I ask cause i had problem with nvidia motherboard drivers …had to rollback to Microsoft drivers and bang battlefield started working wohooo

j ust to let ya know it does happen on nvidia chipset …six people so far i know personally have this problem

ack i look at his burner wrong lol …dang it …going to have to get glasses soon …yes that model may not be able to do it correctly

Originally posted by GrandMaster
I now have the newest versions of BlindWrite and Alcohol 120%. I use my burner when creating the image (lite-on 24102B).

The problem is your burner. Unfortunately, the Lite-on Ltr-24102B, once the king of duping burners, can’t successfully copy sd 2.9 protected cds no matter what software you use. It is unable to write the new weak sector pattern introduced with sd 2.9.

ok so if my older lite-on will not burn safedisc 2.9 can you tell me where i can go to see what will. Like will the new lite-on burners do it or Plextor. Or maybe something with an 8 MB buffer which would be nice.

Thanks for the info.

i have a memorex drive it is listed in stats at bottom it does sd 2.9 well and so does my plex premium …also have a tdk 5200b …it is one with blue try that does it great tooo

cheers

I did a test and it says i should have no problems (in other words a 2 sheep burner) i even did the 3 sheep test and it burnt and was able to pull it back to the hard drive. Checked with a friend and he is also is unable to copy Secret Weapons, he has a new 52 x lite-on. He is using BlindWrite and no joy.

This is the site I used to test.

http://www.petemoore.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/guides/pc-cdrom/sheeptest.htm

When you burn your copies make sure you tick enable autoplay support. Do not try to play in your burner.

Yes I have auto play enabled, so now I was wondering is there anyone out there who has successfully copied Secret Weapons using Alcohol or BlindWrite could you tell me what type of burner you are using. I have been finding that copying a safedisc v2.9 seems to be hit or miss. One person says they can and the next with the same burner says they can not. I see the CloneCD is packing it in and they have removed there database on burners that could burn v2.9.

So anyone who has copied Secret Weapons please post your make of burner please and which software you are using.

Thanks again.

Originally posted by GrandMaster
So anyone who has copied Secret Weapons please post your make of burner please and which software you are using.

Lite-On LTR-52246S, Alcohol 1.4.6.711.

Plextor Premium, Blindwrite and default settings.

I suspect that an ASUS (not 24x) will do it. sighs maybe I will have to get this version of SD2 and test it across the complete suite of apps…

>Or maybe something with an 8 MB buffer which would be nice

Buy an ASUS 52x, it defeats everything and you don’t have to worry about where it was made or FW revisions. These are so cheap in Australia now, they must be giving them away in North America and Europe, well, maybe not Europe :wink: Hard drives with 8MB buffers are nice though :bigsmile:

About Nero: with the right burner it will write, using dao96, SD2 but not read it.

future proof ,

you said asus are great …but I was wondering you said it would not install twin peaks correct ?

just was thinking that is all

>you said asus are great

no

oh sorry thought ya did thousand pardons …but can asus install securom games I heard that it cant do it …twin peaks that is …wanted to ask someone knowledge since I cant get thsi drive