Battle of the videocards

Choose thy champion.

I think I go for ATI. And you Mr. Belvedere?

Originally posted by Namoh
I think I go for ATI. And you Mr. Belvedere?

nVidia , but i’m somewhat biased :slight_smile: I had nice meeting with them@work and they have excellent support.

Gimme a A, gimme a T, gimme a I!

ATI for sure

Originally posted by Airhead
Gimme a A, gimme a T, gimme a I!

Go Airhead, go Airhead, go Airhead.

of course ATI is the best :cool:

Had nVidia and it didn’t work. Got ATi and it does.

Hemi’s history of VGA cards:

1997: S3 crap
1999: nVidia TNT2 Ultra 32mb
2000: nVidia GeForce2 MX 64mb
2001: nVidia GeForce2Ti 64mb
2003: Ati 9600Pro 128mb

which i gave back (too many problems with drivers/incompatability) after 1 month for an nVidia FX5700Ultra 128mb

so you canguess where my vote goes :wink:

ATI just got good recently with the 9xxx series. I’m sure Nvidia will have it’s day again. I don’t care which one really, whatever has the best price/performance at the time is good for me.

I wish I would have bought some ATI stocks right before the 9xxx series of cards came out. I was actually thinking about it but did not have any extra cash at the time. The stock’s have pretty much doubled in price since then. :frowning:

My 9700 is the first ATi card I ever bought. As I don’t do any gaming (still wondering why I bought a 9700) I only care about the desktop (2D) qualitities of the card. It seems that the 2 monitr support works better on this ATi card than my former GF4 Ti4200… so my vote goes to ATi :slight_smile:

should I select onboard geforce 4 440mx or ati radeon 9600pro 128mb version add-on card? how abt geforce 5200 fx?

tell me which one of the graphics is better suited for playing max payne 2 at 1024res with full eye candy enabled?

Originally posted by arun_34
should I select onboard geforce 4 440mx or ati radeon 9600pro 128mb version add-on card? how abt geforce 5200 fx?

tell me which one of the graphics is better suited for playing max payne 2 at 1024res with full eye candy enabled?

Yeah, this is like comparing a skoda fabia to a subaru impreza :stuck_out_tongue:

what abt geforce 5200 fx ultra?

Not even close. Even the regular 9600 will beat out the FX5200 Ultra.

Go check some of the benchmarks here to see for yourself.

I am using an ATI VIVO thats older than the hills but it still works great, but then I do not use it for games. I am impressed that when ATI comes out with driver updates even the old cards are included.

Here we go again with the ATI vs NVIDIA C**P. Some people
swears by ATI while others NVIDIA…as for bench marking what a
joke. Bring back the VOODOO cards!!!

Ivanhoe…

The TRUTH is a LIE waiting to be told.

Yeah, 3dfx rocked.

Originally posted by Airhead
Yeah, 3dfx rocked.

Yep overclocking a Voodoo 3 from 2000 to 3000+ was quite nice :slight_smile: