Battle field 1942

Hi all,

I dont know if this belongs here but here goes,

I just bought this game and installed, when i click the icon to play i get a black screen for a few moments then back to workbench (windows) then nothing.

has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it, i checked the speck of my pc to play and it meets all requirements.

i know E.A have a help line but i wanted to play it this year :wink:

thanks in advance :slight_smile:

tinku.

Since you bought the original disc, you should be able to use the official patch, which handles bugs. It might work.

EA and patching doesn’t mean it will work… I have Bf 1942 and Also the Road to Rome expasion. My original BF18942 disk doesn’t work at all after it’s patched to Version 1.2. EA say it’s drivers and I have all the latest for them so not sure what is wrong there so I just use RTR to play both the origal stuff and the new stuff

I had this same problem when I first installed the game, and then it reappeared again when I updated to 1.31. I forget where I found the fix, but change this line in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Settings\videodefault.con

“renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 0” to
“renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1”

Worked for me both times. It’s caused so much trouble, you would think they would have it overwritten with the default 1 in a patch or something…

that solved the problem thanks, i also looked at the update 48 MEGS pwhaaa, no thanks not on my dial up. haha!!

many thanks.

tinku.

If you want to play online you really have to update, and to be honest, the single player portion of Battlefield 1942 is not much to talk about. There’s also a new map included in the 1.31 patch, and another free map at the EA website for online play.

i only play this game in single player, and I like it a lot. Dialup is no good for online gaming.

It works, thanx a lot BRPR.

Isnt it strange that a company will push out a game and forget to turn on the rendering??? Such as the black screen.