Battery timing

vbimport

I am looking to buy new laptop aorung 800 $. i just want to know wt the battery timing of modern laptops. i think i should be around 3-4 hours (at normal load)…some one told me that if i change battery then its timing can be enhanced to 10-12 hours , is that possible ??

Battery life is very hardware dependent, plus there are different size batteries offered from manufacturers for most laptops, 6 cell, 9 cell, etc. The more cells the longer you can run on battery. The lower power netbooks which use intel’s atom processor last longer than a standard laptop, which is what you seem to be asking about. Don’t expect much more than two hours with the battery that comes with most laptops, unless you pay for an upgrade. There are several ways to cut down on battery usage, just google for ‘laptop battery life’. If you find a laptop battery that last 10-12 hours keep it to yourself because everyone with a laptop will be wanting one.

Yes, it is for the most part what Whappo said, unless you buy an extended battery and at that two of them for a [I]promised[/I] 6hrs from each there is no way you will get 12hrs out of a laptop to date… unless you custom built your own battery of course which will probably weight like 50lbs :wink:

12h battery life is possible… You need an eeePC and a car battery, that should do it.

As for reality you can expect 2-3h from a normal laptop being used for very light work (internet etc). Some can do 4-5h but these will be limited in some way such as very slow graphic card etc. Then you get into ultra mini PC’s that can do 5+h, these are things like the eeePC etc

Apple have managed to get better life from their laptops by using a better O/S that can match the laptop hardware and control it better (windows has to be generic so is not as good at power management). Some Apple laptops can get 5+h of use on a good laptop, if you load windows onto the same laptop this falls to the normal 2-3h range.

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

[quote=qwakrz;2156558]12h battery life is possible… You need an eeePC and a car battery, that should do it.

As for reality you can expect 2-3h from a normal laptop being used for very light work (internet etc). Some can do 4-5h but these will be limited in some way such as very slow graphic card etc. Then you get into ultra mini PC’s that can do 5+h, these are things like the eeePC etc

Apple have managed to get better life from their laptops by using a better O/S that can match the laptop hardware and control it better (windows has to be generic so is not as good at power management). Some Apple laptops can get 5+h of use on a good laptop, if you load windows onto the same laptop this falls to the normal 2-3h range.[/quote]

wt abt having truck size dry battery :rolleyes:

just to throw this out remembering this thread although a bit old Dell now has their business lien E class which promises a 17hr battery which is darn impressive

[QUOTE=xtacydima;2204085]just to throw this out remembering this thread although a bit old Dell now has their business lien E class which promises a 17hr battery which is darn impressive[/QUOTE]

sorry i didnt find it … can u provide me any link ?