Batch Convert

Will there be an option to Batch convert in fututre versions? I think it would be a good feature to add.

Why do you think that?

-Pete

He’s over-clocking a beta P5-7 GhZ?

Just so that u can setup 4 or 5 DVD’s choose u options and go and leave it to do its stuff, Why else have a batch option???

Oh…
Guess that might be kewl, if one has a BAHD…

Trig:

I can’t speak for Erwin of course, but I think he might have one or two things on his list with slightly higher priority than your request:)

-Pete

Originally posted by Peter McCall
[B]Trig:

I can’t speak for Erwin of course, but I think he might have one or two things on his list with slightly higher priority than your request:)

-Pete [/B]

Care to share what those are–what’s next?
A 3.11 and an Amiga porting? [prolly as worthwhile as Mac stuff…]

Why do you think that?

That really is the MOST INTELLIGENT answer I have ever seen. It is of course absolutely not obvious what scripting is needed for.

If I was responsible for hosting a forum, I would introduce an intelligence test. No one with an IQ below 50 could become an administrator.

cu
Horst

Horst:

Your sarcasm is unwelcome. The question was put, not because batch processing is an unknown concept, but because it would seem to have little general use to the average user and I was interested if he had some esoteric purpose in mind.

I know you have an attitude problem and that we have had run ins before. But this is going to be the last one. Retract that last statement with an apology or be banned from the forum. The choice is yours.

-P

Sorry Peter,

never wanted to undermine your authority in this fine forum.
Keep up your excellent work!

cu
Horst

Thanks for the reply Pete, I know it would’nt be a real priority for a batch option, but it would be a feature that I would very much welcome along with a quite a few other users as well I would imagine. I wasnt demanding for it to be implemented now, just suggesting it for future reference.

Originally posted by Horst
[B]Sorry Peter,

never wanted to undermine your authority in this fine forum.
Keep up your excellent work!

cu
Horst [/B]

Dude! ROFLMAO…

Hey, what’s your ‘issue’? Pete’s the best mod here by far…why dis him?

I think batch processing is a nice feature, have my 250 hd ready and willing. But I really prefer the absolute best post conversion overall picture quality.

I wouldn’t mind having batch conversion also. Not to do tons of movies at once but two or three would be nice as it takes me anywhere from 30-45 to transcode one. I could set up to run overnight or something.

I knew i was’nt alone in thinking that a batch option would a useful feature.

Farmeunit hit the nail on the head, that is exactly the reason why i suggested it.

Batch processing would be very helpful. This could be implemented by some sort of job queue or by command line parameters.
For Peter:
A job queue or command line parameters could be used for processing multiple (more than one (2 or 3 for example) ) jobs, without the necessity of the user’s interference between the jobs.

greetz
braeutigam

Yup add me to the list where this might be helpful. I have a portable (USB/Firewire) 120GB hard drive that is used exclusevily for this purpose (DVD Burning).

While I realize it’s not a “priority” item, it would be a nice feature for down the line. Keep it up guys, been very happy with this investment.

Originally posted by loggy
what’s next? A 3.11 and an Amiga porting? [prolly as worthwhile as Mac stuff…]

Very funny, that… wait a minute, that wasn’t supposed to be a joke??? Geez, it’s amazing just how clueless people can be…

to be honest MAC version is very worthwhile!

Batch function at the other hand is not on the highest part of the todo list, infact is down at the bottom after the amiga version :slight_smile:

Batch function at the other hand is not on the highest part of the todo list, infact is down at the bottom after the amiga version

HMPF!

How come? It can’t be that difficult to implement some command line parameters! It’d allow batch processing and even alternative guis, including the combination of D2O with other software. D2O would be worth a lot more. For “The Man In The Street”, nothing would change.

cya
braeutigam