Basic Procedures needed

I don’t know an ISO image from a DVD folder and so need some expert help in a simple project.

I use DVD FAB Platinum for Full Disk Copy with about a 50% coaster rate. This is Ok and not too irritating. I would like to get closer to 100%.

In the forum is a post saying to go to the Write tab in the custom settings and set the burning engine to Nero Burning ROM. Set write speed to 4 or 8x, SAO writing and manually set DVD5 size to 4464. Is this correct?

My computer is an AMD 2200, 1 gig RAM, Win XP, with a DRU800A Sony burner. A trouble free machine. The DVD FAB program is on a MY BOOK external HD with USB 2.0. I have a lot of space there and about 15gb on an internal D drive. C is down to only 5 gb. Currently, everything goes on or through the external MYBOOK HD.

What should be the steps to burn a simple Full Disc?

And, what about this problem I have for the track team?

I have a burned DVD but want to open it up, delete some chapters (track and field events that did not come out well), and save it to HD. How do I save it so I can later burn multiple DVD copies of what I edited and saved? Do I save an HD folder or an ISO image or? This is where I just don’t know what to do. I want the resulting DVDs to be playable on an ordinary TV DVD player. What are the steps to produce a TV DVD from whatever it is I should be saving to the HD?

Let me know the steps for this.:iagree:

Many thanks. :disagree:

[quote=teocuitlatl;1919063]I don’t know an ISO image from a DVD folder and so need some expert help in a simple project.

I use DVD FAB Platinum for Full Disk Copy with about a 50% coaster rate. This is Ok and not too irritating. I would like to get closer to 100%. [/quote] 50% is not acceptable. Something is wrong somewhere. Post a burn log (directions below) from some of these coasters.

In the forum is a post saying to go to the Write tab in the custom settings and set the burning engine to Nero Burning ROM. Set write speed to 4 or 8x, SAO writing and manually set DVD5 size to 4464. Is this correct?
I would suggest the VSO burning engine. And good quality blank media.

My computer is an AMD 2200, 1 gig RAM, Win XP, with a DRU800A Sony burner. A trouble free machine. The DVD FAB program is on a MY BOOK external HD with USB 2.0. I have a lot of space there and about 15gb on an internal D drive. C is down to only 5 gb. Currently, everything goes on or through the external MYBOOK HD.

What should be the steps to burn a simple Full Disc?
Read the Tutorial to help get started. It is linked below or can be accessed at the DVDFab.com website (or from the green question mark at the top right in DVDFab).

And, what about this problem I have for the track team?

I have a burned DVD but want to open it up, delete some chapters (track and field events that did not come out well), and save it to HD. How do I save it so I can later burn multiple DVD copies of what I edited and saved?
Try Customize mode or Merge mode and save to a HDD folder.
Do I save an HD folder or an ISO image or? This is where I just don’t know what to do. I want the resulting DVDs to be playable on an ordinary TV DVD player. What are the steps to produce a TV DVD from whatever it is I should be saving to the HD?

Let me know the steps for this.:iagree:

Many thanks. :disagree:

Post back if you still need help after reading the Tutorial.:slight_smile:

an additional tip is: don’t use the PC for anything else while a burn is in progress.

Things like launching Outlook or downloading mail can affect the burn, as windows gives them a high priority.

Turn on the verify function for a few burns as that may give further insight into your failure rate

What blank media are you using? Brand? Type? Where you bought it?

On the practical side, about 18 disks later, I have found that I need to reboot just before I want to do a FULL Disk or Customize copy of a DVD. That seems to up the success rate to near 100% for Nero. VSO never seems to work. SAO writing seems the only thing that will work also. Using “recommended” as the speed is also OK. The 4464 manual disk size seems never to be a problem.

If I run into any problems, the next disk will be bad and the next, until I reboot and then everything is OK again. So now I reboot fter any error and don’t do anything else with the computer while it is processing and burning, as suggested.

But my first question remains. Let’s say I want to use “customize” and I have selected the chapters I want. Judging from the answers, I want to save the resulting product to a DVD folder rather than save an ISO image. Is this correct?

Let us suppose the correct answer is to save it to a DVD folder. When the time comes to burn it to a DVD, I list the DVD folder as the source and the DVD burner as the target and that will produce a DVD that can be played on a TV DVD player?

Let me know and thanks. Along the way, it would be good to learn the difference between an ISO image and a DVD folder. I’ve tried wikipedia, but can’t follow the articles because they assume too much prior knowledge. Hence my call for the “basics.”

Please post a burn log segment or two as I requested in an earlier post, and post any error codes you receive when making all those coasters. The VSO burning engine works well for most users. Go to their support site using the link in my sig if you prefer an automated submission to their tech support.

either one will work with dvdfab

yes

a dvd folder contains the dvd broken up into the individual ifo, vob, bup file extentions. where basically a iso image file is a copy of the dvd files saved as one large file or a ‘virtual dvd’ on your hard drive.