Barbie of swan lake

Hey All,

I am now trying to back-up Barbie of swan lake for my daughter. In DVD shrink it comes up as 4655GB, thats after compression. I want to keep the whole movie as is. How can I do this? The DVD shows up as a DVD-9. Can someone point me in the right direction????

Thanks as usual. This is a gret place to learn.

First of all, what version DVD Shrink are you using. If it’s version 2,it needs further compression,you may have known this already,but I pointed this out, just in case.
Secondly, a lot of movies are DVD-9,especially if they are 2 hours plus,and have ‘extras’. This means you have to select ‘movie only’,and work from
there. After the movie is compressed to fit
(on a 4.3GB blank),burn from there. I hope
I’m reading what you’re saying correctly,if not ,post again…Good Luck…:cool:

Thanks for the info! Really appreciated. I kind of knew the answer, but wanted to keep the whole movie on the DVD. I guess we are not at that stage yet in compression. I am using DVD shrink 3 beta 5. I did just cut out the actual movie. Oh well, what can ya do or say but, at least it is backed up.

u actually cut out the entire main movie? there’s no need to do so, just choose a higher compression level for one or some of the items on the dvd to make it all fit.

Again I am not that good at this YET! I am trying, looks like I am learning, but very slowly. How do I do or use a higher comprtession setting? The only thing I can see is what size to compress the DVD to. Is that what you are talking about?

Yes,but be warned,a higher compression setting can result in pixelation/artifact blocking when attempting to view the finished product. So like AZImmortal said above, use it on certain parts opf the disc. Case in point: I did a backup of the entire DVD,of Janet Jackson:Live in Hawaii,and suffice it to say,Janet didn’t even look like Micheal after extreme compression…
:bigsmile: So use compression with reason…Good Luck:cool:

Point noted and thanks.

ditch that sucker m8 get yourself pinnacle instant copy will blow shrink away granted shrink is free but for £30 pinnacle is the best 1 click shrinking proggramme on the market and with best results will do your movie and all the extras no probs at all.
version 8 now available x4 faster than version 7 which would normally take me 2 hours to complete can,t wait to get me hands on vers 8

Looking into it right now. Thanks for the advice.

Try the variable Compression tip in the guide here

did that one as well, but came up as still to large for the dvd disc.

Are you doing the whole disc? In reality, the transcoders, given 4.37GB, are good for main movie, subs and one audio stream.

I wanted to do the whole movie, but was relegated to doing just the main movie.

If the main movie, audio and subs is >4.37 GB then there’s no alternative to transcoding to fit.

I am assuming that it was much larger than that, as 3 beta 5 said it was too large to compress.

there’s no such thing as too large to compress for transcoders. the transcoder will compress it down however much it needs to make it fit. as a sidenote, don’t refer to it as “whole movie” vs “main movie”. it should be “whole disc” vs “main movie”.

Originally posted by Ruffrob
Yes,but be warned,a higher compression setting can result in pixelation/artifact blocking when attempting to view the finished product. So like AZImmortal said above, use it on certain parts opf the disc. Case in point: I did a backup of the entire DVD,of Janet Jackson:Live in Hawaii,and suffice it to say,Janet didn’t even look like Micheal after extreme compression…
:bigsmile: So use compression with reason…Good Luck:cool:

Just for info…how extreme was the overall compression level?

don’t know, all DVD shrink said was it was too large a file to fit on the DVD. I didn’t go any farther, just copied the main movie and that was it.

It doesn’t matter how large the original is, DVDShrink will apply the automatic ratio when the disc is opened. If you change the default, well …

I don’t know what to tell you other than Shrink tell me the final product will be to large for a DVD. Has anyone seen this before? I have seen it on this one and One other, but can’t remember the name of it off the top of my head.