1) Close ICQ
2) Start Regedit
3) Open to
4) Edit "Auto Update" from Yes to No
5) close regedit
1) open C:\Program Files\ICQ\
2) delete these files.
that will disable the adds from showing in the windows but it will not disable the windows.
You will need a program to edit and compile DLL files such as Resource Hacker for the next part
Free download at
1) Make a back up of the file ICQCore.dll
2) Start Resource Hacker
3) open the file ICQCore.dll
4) Click the + next to dialog
You should now see a list of numbers. 11 of them will need to be edited.
5) Click the + next to one of the folders and then on the file listed under it.
If you have done it correct a dialog box will apear. in it will be a darg grey rectangle. clicking the dark grey box will cause Resource Hacker to put a red star next to the line of code asociated with it.
6) change the last two numbers to 0, 0
0x50000000, 1, 158, 260, 38
0x50000000, 1, 158, 0, 0
7) click Compile Script
The window is now gone but there is a large open space.
8) just slide the windows around to a shape you like and compile again
9) repeat the process for all the following dialog boxes.
Once you have edited all the dialog boxes, save the file and Close Resource Hacker.