Balance Theory

vbimport

Do you believe in balance? That for every wrong deed, there is a good one. For every piece of bad luck, there’s the same amount of good fortune. Every criminal act has its justified counterpart. And when people have exceptional good qualities in one area, they suck in other areas. Every ying has its yang.

I’ve seen countless examples in life: I know people who have incredibly rich but have mentally challenged kids. People who have an incredibly beautiful girlfriend, but the worst taste in music and movies i have ever seen. People with Downs syndrom have an incredible notice of rythms. Autistic people can memorize and calculate almost anything in a split second, yet not communicate with other people.

If there is such a balance, is it working for you? Do you accept the facts that you’re good at one thing, but are very very bad at other things?

And what would happen if you shifted the balance? Train yourself in becoming skilled and experienced in the things you used to suck at. Would that cause your other qualities to deteroirate? Can you shift balances any way you like?

Another thing of interest is that in order to have balance, there’s a given amount of characteristics. To put it in other words: You can’t be more than 100% , but you can set the balance any way you like. 60-40, 20-80, you name it. But it’ll never be more than 100%.

w00t, poll nr 3 of this week.

I think it’s total nonsense. :iagree:

Mr. B have you ever taken the Temperament test that fortune 500 companys give to some of their workers to see their strong qualities and if they are guardians, artisians, Idealists or rationals?

Never heard of it, url?

i found this url but i took a more detailed test in college but this one comes damn close
i tried it, click on the temperament sorter link towards bottom of page you can take the test and it will give you a rough detail but if you want the 10 page detailed version of your temperament you gotta pay like 14 bucks i got it and it was almost dead me like the one i took in college
www.keirsey.com

Hej dude you make your own luck. I was raised in a getto in the USA, move to another getto when I came to Europe, but have worked my way out of it and have a comfortable life now. You are your own best friend, some people need to stop looking up at god for help and start looking within.

You do need a little luck in life, Healthy children, good background, peace in your homeland, things like that, but how we get to the end result is mostly up to ourselfs.

Seems i’m an Artisan:

Artisans are the temperament with a natural ability to excel in any of the arts, not only the fine arts such as painting and sculpting, or the performing arts such as music, theater, and dance, but also the athletic, military, political, mechanical, and industrial arts, as well as the “art of the deal” in business.