Bag-A-Mac!

After I read one of the threads in the living room, I agree: “Macs suck some serious ass! [CJS]” I don’t know if there was a thread like this before, so here it goes.

1. Pick a Macintrash computer.
  2. Bag on it all you want.
  3. Tell us why you hate it so much.
  4. If you like Mac computers, state why.

hah! I HAVE an old “Colour Classic” mac. it’s collecting dust in my basement.

bought it for $10 (Canadian) at a thrift store, just for kicks. now I think I was ripped off. they should have PAYED me to take it.

to do anything, there were many different functions involving the mouse button. (guess which one?) it even came with a 14.4 modem. from the time when they counted in Baud.

IMHO the newer ones just look more “gay” if you’ll excuse me. (nothing refering to dansmug.) slow as cheese (don’t know why, but have you ever seen a cheese win any 100 meters? exactly.) compatible as the OS it runs on, and so user friendly, it makes me puke.

THAT THING DESERVES TO BURN IN A REALLY HOT PLACE.

Hate? HATE? My feelings towards Macs make the word hate (as well as other choice words) sound as child friendly as Big Bird!

Et toi?

Titanium anytime man… Those notebooks rule !

I quite like Macs. Ok, I’d probably never buy one, but they do have some nice features:

-standard SCSI on PowerMacs
-dual CPU (video editting!)
-nice GUI (OS X)
-based on BSD OS
-extremely powerfull notebooks

… and ofcourse the iPod…!

In the US, they already have iPods for Windows…

Originally posted by cmr0112x
In the US, they already have iPods for Windows…

So do we Europeans… but also the Win versions are Macs :slight_smile:

Macs remind me of my experiences with Apple IIE’s…and that makes me shudder.
I’ve owned both an SE/30 and Performa 550 (both 68k, both bought for under $50). Both slow…even with old MacOS versions. My friend has a dual 866 G4 machine, with MacOS X…the OS seems to eat up the most resources of anything, so many effects for simple things like minimizing windows, etc. My P3 866 feels more responsive. That said, there’s always support for the hardware in the OS, but as there are nowhere near the number of configurations compared to PCs, it’s understandable

The macs arent too bad…

I used some in school and they are decent for checking email and typing :slight_smile:

Forget gaming, but I heard they are good for video apps.

I have never even touched a MAC,

Why would anyone rather have a MAC than a PC?

The only time Ive used a MAC is when I want to test my sites on MAC browsers. Some + and - points in my opinion:

• Very beautiful to look at - sexy baby
  • Some innovative things which we are not used to with Windows - eg: Common menu bars for all apps
  • The MAC uses CPUs that are significantly better than the Wintel ones (I had heard this - not verified it myself)
  • I found that web browsing was a little faster on MAC compared to other browsers on other machines
  • A little difficult to get used to the layout, desktop etc
  • Expenisive
  • Not all ‘best’ softwares is available on MAC :stuck_out_tongue:
  • No idea about SDKs etc on MAC - steep learning curve to learn OS internals, UI etc

Considiring I have 6 Macintosh computers, an old appleII, 2 performas and two iMacs, i have to say I like macintosh computers more than any windows computer:D . Why i like them, for one they are a whole lot more stable. I only bought a pc 2 years ago because the choice of games drastically droppped for macintosh, untill then and now again they have a wide range of computer games that are also out on pc. And now with MasOS X we have the most stable OS. To me a very huge advantage.

This is just a summary, for more information contact me.:stuck_out_tongue:

:bow: Apple Macintosh:bow:

Originally posted by SSJGoku426
:bow: Apple Macintosh:bow:

Another advantage of someone having an Apple, is that you can laugh with them. Right SSJGoku426? :slight_smile:

Another advantage of someone having an Apple, is that you can laugh with them.

I can say the same about someone who owns a windows based computer.:cool:

Well i have the use of a mac G4 laptop, I dont use it much, but its very nice for watching DVDs on teh moce on, typing up reports etc… And it looks very nice!!:stuck_out_tongue:

I somewhat have mixed fellings.

I hate them because they don't have any good apps like windows has (or because I am blind to see them), and they crash a lot.  I read in the new Jaguar OS Software Agreement page that the software should not be used in life threating positions such as air traffic control because "...failure of this product can lead to serious injury or death."  I bursted out laughing when I read that one!  Cost is also a big dislike.

On the other hand, I like their looks, especially their new OS layout!  The new iMac shocked me because of such a small base, and the amazement that a computer was stuffed in there.  I really like the PowerBooks, and as Mr B said "Titanium anytime!"

If I had a choice, I’d buy one, but not for that price!

“Mixed Fellings” indeed. :bigsmile:

you edited the first post, and if I recall correctly it contained a markedly different sentiment towards the Mac.

The antinomy runs high here in Windoze land…

:stuck_out_tongue:

:bigsmile:
That is why I changed it!!!
:bigsmile:

Another advantage is that (to my limited knowledge on the subject) not many people bother writing viruses for Macs

That is true.
I also want YOUR computer…that has got to be a bombin’ system!

Originally posted by cmr2003x
[B]After I read one of the threads in the living room, I agree: “Macs suck some serious ass! [CJS]” I don’t know if there was a thread like this before, so here it goes.

1. Pick a Macintrash computer.
  2. Bag on it all you want.
  3. Tell us why you hate it so much.
  4. If you like Mac computers, state why. [/B]

I hate any and all macs. It is not the hardware but the OS. It looks like something for a child, the design reminds me of childerns computer toys you give to kids in 1st or 2nd grade.

Linux looks like a OS created by programmers for programmers.

When I look through my Windows I see beautiful things.