BAD Tayo YUDEN

vbimport

I bought a spindle of 50 of the following and I have burnt about 12 of them and not 1 has worked properly in any standalone player that I have tried. I have a friend who bought the same and she has had the same problems. Anyone no why??? I have a 832s

Disc Type DVD+R
Book Type DVD-ROM
Manufacturer Taiyo Yuden Company Limited
Media ID YUDEN000T02
Protection System None
Region 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
Capacity 4.38 GB
Free Size 0.00 GB
Free Blocks 0
Number of Layers 1
Linear Density 0.267 um/bit
Track Density 0.74 um/track
Maximum Read Speed 8.0x
Maximum Write Speed 8.0x
Current Write Speed 8.0x CLV
Write Speed Performance Descriptor 1 8.0x CLV
Write Speed Performance Descriptor 2 6.0x CLV
Write Speed Performance Descriptor 3 4.0x CLV
Write Speed Performance Descriptor 4 2.4x CLV

BTW I bought them from the disk shop at coopers plains Brisbane and they refused to give me my money back or swap them over. I say boycott the store and dont give them any business

we cannot see whats the problem from the information you give. Could you include a read scan and a PI/PO scan?

Does not mean the media, TY, is bad does it. If they scan error free but won’t play in stand-alone players, maybe lessor known makes, then that is another thing. Being x8 media may be a clue - your player(s) may not like that kind of newer dye.

Anytime people have problems with TY in these forums, it’s presented as TY - they are not kings, they are bad media. There will be bad ones, but by now people reading these forums must agree TY is the only make to go for if you want the least risk of bad media.

I’ve had a bad batch of Taiyo Yuden’s sold as Maxell HGX DVD-R (4x), code TYG01, and 3/5th of them were coasters. As always, YMMV.

T02 is very poorly supported in most current firmware versions. LiteOn in particular has failed to do a good job with it, and strat swaps are needed to get good results.

Personally, I think T01/01 is better than T02, at any speed. But again this is likely due to FW support, or the lack of it.

So, how do you tell if you are geting T01/01 or T02? I was about to order some TY media from ACCS…

T01/01 is 4x rated, T02 is 8x rated. Currently ACCA/RIMA are shipping T01/01 for the 4x instead of T01/00.

Most TY DVD media I’ve had are either 2x DVD-R or 8x DVD+R though I’ve also had many 4x DVD+R and 4x DVD-R. Among the thousands of TY CD-R and TY DVD-R/DVD+R, I experienced no “bad batch” or defective disk.

However, it’s best to choose That’s DVD+R for “Premium Inspection” disks. I don’t buy them from retail because they cost about US$1.3 per disk.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/search.php?searchid=217813

From looking at your post history here, it seems you first started with Princo 4x DVD-R and then tried TY 8x DVD+R. A radical change. :slight_smile: