Bad signs

vbimport

Hi there,

I installed VeloSSD trial edition a week ago. After like 4 days of apparently normal work I noticed a slow boot. I checked the EventViewer and among a whole bunch of error messages I noticed some saying that “file system on drive C: was repaired”. I considered a good idea to run chkdsk on drive C:. Long story short, my Windows ended up corrupted. It would boot up but some programs and features wouldn’t work (Antivirus, network, disk management) pointing to a corrupt registry. I could not fix it so I re-installed everything (and did a back-up this time).
Now I installed again VeloSSD and start watching error messages in EventViewer. A warning about a “7 user registry handles leaked from…”, another saying that “file system on drive C: was repaired” and then an error related to BitLocker driver (maybe not related to VeloSSD).
I really would like to use the program, it’s what I was looking for to use with my SSD at the right price but I’m scarred about these bad signs.

My system:
MB: ECS A885GM-A2
CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1045T
Memory: Mushkin 16GB
Video: Sapphire Radeon 4650HD
HDD: WD10EZEX (1TB)
SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB
Optical:TSST DVD/CD combo

Comments?
Attila

hi

this problem exist on all version I test from 2.0.0.7 up to now. The idea is good but the Software is crap. Buy a 240/256Gbyte SSD (example crucail M4/M500 or Samsung 830/840) and use it without caching is a better way without this kind of problems.

The 2.1.0.2 release of VeloSSD underwent & absolved thorough testing.
It came out April 2013. All computers at EliteBytes have it installed.
We regularly run different checkups on these systems,
including examination of the windows event log.

We also continously run extensive tests.

Until today none of our systems went down or
had any of those event log entries or
whatever malfunctions.

Again, we can not approve your error reports.
Sorry guys.
But it may be delightfull for all of us if you go deeper into details.
Giving the forum a chance to understand what is really going on.

Hi EliteByte guys,

First of all, it is not my intention to trash your soft. I would really like to have it working reliably on my computer.
And now for your delight.

First try. Working apparently without issues for the first 4 days. The fifth day there is a slow boot , lots of error messages in EventViewer from which I notice something like “file system on drive C: was repaired”. From now on its likely my mistake to schedule a CheckDisk. Next boot CheckDisk runs, displays a bunch of errors and repairs, automatically reboots, CheckDisk starts again, automatic reboot and CheckDisk starts yet again and I interrupt the check. Windows will start but its crippled: no antivirus, no disk management, no system restore. I have to reinstall everything. But now I have a backup.

Second try. After setting up Windows and my main programs again (and a back-up) I install VelobitSSD. In EventViewer there is a " file system on drive C: was repaired” again and something about a registry leak, but only once, right after install. The error related to BitLocker driver (which I never used) keeps showing up at each boot (didn’t see it before). Things worked well again until I wanted to do a benchmark of my own using Crystal DiskMark. The benchmark completed but after that the system became very unresponsive. At shutdown the system hung, after like 15 minutes I stopped the PC from the start button and my windows was gone again.

I admit that my actions probably worsened the problems. While I could live without using Crystal DiskMark on the system drive but CheckDisk might be necessary once in a blue moon. What kind of precautions one should take in order to avoid system corruption?

Thanks for your attention.
Attila

P.S. I use Windows 7 64bit.

just an idea, could you maybe allow a remote login for elitebytes to remote into your desktop and see first hand whats going on? maybe they can pickup something in your config that otherwise might be missed?

I give up. The third trial worked fine again for like 4 days until the nagging message appeared (the one saying that 2 days of trial left). My experience described in the first post repeated so it`s clear that VeloSSD doesn’t go along with my system.

Sorry.:sad:
Attila

Hi guys been runing the trial for 5 days and it was going well so I got the pay version.

I had to removed the sdd cache with in VeloSSD trial edition and what I found odd was that when I unstalled the cache it had to write 680 meg to my hard drive. After this I unstalled VeloSSD trial edition and restarted my computer.

Then I installed VeloSSD 64gb ssd edition and it was all going well for about 3 days and I put my system in to standby.

When I got up the next day the system would not start and windows 7 loaded up windows auto repair and it tryed to repair my files system. once it had repaired the windows file system they was some losted data. I had to reinstall windows 7.

is they any way to turn off the write back cache and only use read cache. As I think you have some thing wrong with the write back cache.

VeloSSD is missing any fail safe tools. Also been nice to have some stats to look at and now what files are in the cache.

Hi,
CrashUK:
is this your username on our website ?
Again we can not approve post, resume from standby is an everyday task.

[QUOTE=EliteBytes;2691063]Hi,
CrashUK:
is this your username on our website ?
Again we can not approve post, resume from standby is an everyday task.[/QUOTE]

Yes I am on your site with the same user name. maybe they was a lot of power. I have now done a clean install of windows 8 x64 version and your software does not what to install… But I will do a new Thread about that.

I’m still trying…There is a possibility that VeloSSD is not getting along with AMD SATA drivers so I installed the ones that came with Windows initial install from MS. So far is working.
As for you, guys from EliteByte, your attitude is not very helpful. Answers like “We cannot approve your post” or “VeloSSD is running for months on our computers” just show that you’re not aware of the diversity of computer configurations out there. Please be more cooperative.
In case I did hurt anybody’s sensitivity with my comments I apologize.

Regards,
Attila

[QUOTE=uattila;2691222]I’m still trying…There is a possibility that VeloSSD is not getting along with AMD SATA drivers so I installed the ones that came with Windows initial install from MS. So far is working.
As for you, guys from EliteByte, your attitude is not very helpful. Answers like “We cannot approve your post” or “VeloSSD is running for months on our computers” just show that you’re not aware of the diversity of computer configurations out there. Please be more cooperative.

Regards,
Attila[/QUOTE]

If it dont work for amd hardware then its a bit pointless. If had intel I would use they SSD Cache Software.

My spec is close to yours I have the same SSD Drive and All AMD Hardware.

Full Spec

Windows 8 x64 enterprise
AMD Phenomâ„¢ II X4 Processor 955 - 3.2 GHz
Motherboard ASUSTek - M4A88T-M Chipset 880G
4 x 2GB DDR3 Kingstion PC3-10700 - Total 8GB Ram
1x ATI 4890 1GB PCIE
1x 1TB Hard drive WDC WD1001FALS-55J7B0
1x 60 SSD Drive
1x OCZ-AGILITY3

[QUOTE=uattila;2691222]I’m still trying…There is a possibility that VeloSSD is not getting along with AMD SATA drivers so I installed the ones that came with Windows initial install from MS. So far is working.

Regards,
Attila[/QUOTE]

If you going to try they software any more. try Paragon Hard Disk Manager to back up your hard drive to a usb drive or some thing so you dont lose any data.

After 3 days using Windows drivers file system errors showed up again, requiring a CheckDisk. One error message: “Repairs were done to the registry but some data were lost”. Scary. For me the program is not reliable. And the customer support sucks. The only “help” is “our computers work for months” and “we cannot accept your report”, i.e. I’m a liar.
I’m out.

Regards
Attila

Uattila:

chkdisk does not have an error message you have posted:
“Repairs were done to the registry”

If your computer throws errors after errors
then you have a defective computer like:

HDD, SSD, OS installation etc. is defective.

This all can be a reason. Make sure you run on
reliable hardware.

If you still bring the system down by whatever means,
then tell us how you did it.

[QUOTE=EliteBytes;2691486]Uattila:

chkdisk does not have an error message you have posted:
“Repairs were done to the registry”
[/QUOTE]
I meant error shown in EventViewer. But I thought this won’t be a challenge to guess. My mistake. Check the attachment.

If your computer throws errors after errors
then you have a defective computer like:

HDD, SSD, OS installation etc. is defective.

This all can be a reason. Make sure you run on
reliable hardware.

[/QUOTE]

I already posted my system specs.
HDD: Western Digital Blue WD10ESEX 1TB
SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB
These were installed new 10 months ago, the computer was running without any issues.
Which of them is not reliable? I’ll ask for a refund supported by your review.
And before you bring up the SATA cables, they came with the drives. And I tried another set too, same results. Check the attachment, every Ntfs error is one related to file system corruption:

If you still bring the system down by whatever means,
then tell us how you did it.[/QUOTE]

Simply, trying VeloSSD. Check this out:

Okay folks I’ve made some edits to this thread to remove comments that I consider to be less than desirable, particularly the unnecessary remarks from EliteBytes.

We’re all here to discuss things in a reasonable, polite, and civil manner, and I’d be grateful if we could get back to that please.

[B]Wombler[/B]