Bad sics bad discs. Watchoo gonna do?

Watchoo gonna do when they come for you?

I have at least 30 discs that Kprobe reports as unknown. Turns out they are really crap. Some are becoming unreadable and I feel I may have trouble rescuing the contents.

I wish I had bought brand names like Verbatim back then :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d do nothing about it to spend the time to take care of other things. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Oddball

I have at least 30 discs that Kprobe reports as unknown. Turns out they are really crap.
Some are becoming unreadable and I feel I may have trouble rescuing the contents.

I wish I had bought brand names like Verbatim back then.

Have you tried other stuff yet ? Like SmartBurn, CDRIdentifier, MInfo, Nero InfoTool, Nero CDSpeed ?

See, in some cases some of those cannot be handy if CCD’s ‘Hide CDR Media’ is enabled. Likewise w Alcohol.

Well, otherwise you wouldn’t have had such an experience if you hadn’t bought those CDRs.

Learning is blessing !

Yup! Tried looking with those tools. It has a number on the inside ring if that may help identify who made them.

There is a very feint etch on the burn side which reads IFPI J717. The black number is 8112BL24210350LH5D I think.

On the burn side on the inner shiney bit is CD-R 80 CVLHU1903 0520

ive used badcopy pro to get data off a bad dvd+r… should work on cdr and other media/drives too…