Bad sectors on PS2 games (How to find them)

Hello,

can someone please tell me how I can find the bad sectors on my PS2 games? as in where the bad sector starts and where it ends. I know you cannot copy the bad sectors etc… But I just want to know where they are. Thanks in advance.

What bad sectors?

As in the SCEX. The thing that normal CD/DVD burners can’t copy, because its PRESSED at the factory.

the SCEX signal is not made by bad sectors, read some of the posts by trueman and samsomethingsmethingsomething, they are trying to burn the scex signal, but for us non-programming people its imposible

I know those people are trying to re-reate the SCEX signal. I am not, all I want to know is, where the SCEX signal is. like which sector or something.

the SCEX signal is made by tracking coil errors on the disk, its not made by bad sectors, read truman’s posts

well guys i have good news !!!
try to look at the latest posts of Sam and truman they almost got it !!! Its just a mater of time before we play backups witchout a modchip !!!
@SONY
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE, YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED !!!

finaly :stuck_out_tongue:

Death-heaven does that overburn trick work with any cd-r? that already writen or only if you do it exactly as Sam says? because I tried to write the DAO file using Trumans reader onto a vcd. But it said it couldn’t. Does that mean I won’t bea ble to write those special cd-r’s? I have a SONY DRU-510AK cd/DVD writer drive. If I can’ do it, do you think it would be possibel to do it if a modified firmware?

What do You mean by : tracking coil errors?

Originally posted by oscarjf
the SCEX signal is made by tracking coil errors on the disk, its not made by bad sectors, read truman’s posts

well guys i have good news !!!
try to look at the latest posts of Sam and truman they almost got it !!! Its just a mater of time before we play backups witchout a modchip !!!
@SONY
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE, YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED !!!

is there a link to this post as i am new and i cant find it. please giv a link to it.

Here you go, all 28 pages of thread - http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=48477&page=1&pp=25
Even if it is years old.