Bad media error

I have been using this software for over a year now and have never been so lost I am using sony dvd-r media and have never had a trouble with this software until now and its driving me crazy.My burner is a pioneer dvd-rw,dvr-108.The problem is I can read a dvd but as soon as I have to put a blank dvd in the burner to start the burn I get a message saying error due to a bad media I have tried different brands of media and also have used dvd + and still have received the same error.I have tried every thing I know to do and have even ordered a new dvd burner I will show you the error log from my pc.Sunday, March 05, 2006 Applicatio n Hang Hanging application CloneDVD2.exe, version 2.8.9.2, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
Sunday, March 05, 2006 Applicatio n Hang Fault bucket 271489944.
Sunday, March 05, 2006 Applicatio n Hang Hanging application CloneDVD2.exe, version 2.8.9.2, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
Sunday, March 05, 2006 Applicatio n Hang Hanging application CloneDVD2.exe, version 2.8.9.2, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
e even ordered a new dvd burner I will show you the error log from my pc.

gpfeffer68,
Welcome to cdf. You know, I have several Pioneer burners myself myself (105, 107, and the new 110D), and they all love the Sony -R media. But one thing I noticed lately (in my area: L.A.) is that Sony’s have changed. I have always bought Sony -R 1X-8X “Accucore” in 50 disk spindles and they say “Made In Japan” on the retail packaging.

Recently 1X-16X has started showing up on store shelves and I have not tried them. Also, many members in other areas of the USA have reported Sonys that are made in Taiwan and that they are not as good as the MIJ ones. That means that manufacturing specs may have changed for Sony -R’s. Supposition, not fact …

What is the speed rating of your Sonys(?)
…and are they made in Japan or made in Taiwan?

Go to Pioneer’s website and check that you have the latest firmware for your 108. To find out what your current version is, put a movie in the Pioneer drive and advance to CloneDVD’s last page, the burn page, and it will list your burner model and the “rev.#” for your firmware version. On the right hand pane, about half way down.
Pioneer: http://wwwbsc.pioneer.co.jp/product-e/ibs/device_e/dev00001r_e.html

Flash-Update your burner’s firmware if your present version (rev.) is lower than 1.20.

And yes, it’s very possible, based on the info in your posting, that your burner died, but it’s better to eliminate the simplest variables first. Media and firmware updating… first…

and answer the Sony media questions above please.

Best regards,
Whisperer

My sony dvds were made in japan and the speed is 1x-8x and I havent gotten any errors from clone dvd thats why I thought maybe my burner died.I dont know what you know about burners but I ordered the I/o magic dvd ±rw dual format double layer burner part # IDVD16DL

Those sony disks are top notch for pioneer burners. so you might well have a dead burner. I’d still try to update the firmware and be sure (because sony might have made changes in their specs for their media or your burner’s firmware might have gotten corrupted due to a static-electric discharge or power surge or dirty power in your area etc.).

But maybe you just want DL capability and want to upgrade to a newer model anyway. If it were me, I get the BenQ 1640 or later model because of it’s excellent, separate bitsetting utility.

Whisperer

I have a problem very simular to his, but my error message is different, “Media write error A write error has occured, probably caused by bad media”

@ darknight570,

Welcome to the Forum.

If you read the above error notification it is telling that your problem probably caused by bad media.

You are going to need to provide a least some minimal information if you realistically expect Forum Members to provide any assistance.

You need to provide specific detailed information on exactly what DVD Media and DVD Burner you are using when you receive you error notification.

Using a software utility program similar to DVD Identifier (http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com) or DVDInfo (http://www.dvdinfopro.com) provide the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) (Example: TYG02) of the DVD Media you are using. Also provide the DVD Burner Manufacture, Model Number, and Firmware Version of your DVD Burner.

Best Regards,
bjkg

Okay I have had a lite on dvd burner for about two years and never had a problem with it. But now I’m starting to have issues with it. At first I wasnt able to make a second copy of a movie, and now it wont rip to the dvd r at all. keeps giving me the bad media error. I have a lite on dvdrw sohw-1693s dvd burner. and im using dvdr 8x media. the MID is TYG02. And I went to update my firmware and i already have the most current. So I’m just trying to figure out if its the media im using or the dvd burner has finally gone bad. I’m using clonedvd to rip the movies.
thank you so much,
elaina

current firmware + good media is a good start for sure.

what version of clonedvd are you using?

does this only happen with clonedvd or do you have burning problems with other programs as well?

Hi-- I’m having similar problems. I have been using CloneDVD with AnyDVD for almost 2 years with very few coasters, now all of the sudden I’m getting “media write unsuccessful” messages after 37% has been completed.

I just upgraded to the most recent version of CloneDVD.

My DVD burner is a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-840S (rev. 1.52) and I have looked all over the place for a firmware upgrade with no luck. (It seems Matshita is one of those “mystery drives” used only in bundled notebooks.)

I am using Verbatim blank DVD-R media (as I have been for the past two years).

As far as I know nothing has changed except the software. Can anybody help?

Thanks!