Bad flash of firmware fried my a: drive too!

A quick background. After flashing back and forth multiple times between XS0X and XSU1, my a: drive hiccupped during my last flash and my 32123S is dead (RIP). I have since noticed I can’t get my a: drive to format a floppy, or make a system disk correctly. To make matters worse, the good W98 boot disks I have do not work anymore.

Since then, I bought and installed a new 40125S which works fine. I also bought and installed a new floppy drive and it does not work properly.

I have:

• Cleared my CMOS
  • Uninstalled the floppy drive from the control panel

None of the above fixed the problem with the a: drive. I can read disks in windows but I can’t boot into dos. Is it possible the bad flash did something to my motherboard?

I’m at a loss and would appreciate any thoughts/suggestions you may have. Czar

Have you tried some of the system discs that you can get a www.bootdisk.com?

I find this DrDOS 7 disc perfect for all my BIOS and firmware flashing duties:

http://www.polarhome.com/service/bootdisk/DOS/Dr-DOS/drdos703.exe

Originally posted by czar
[B]A quick background. After flashing back and forth multiple times between XS0X and XSU1, my a: drive hiccupped during my last flash and my 32123S is dead (RIP). I have since noticed I can’t get my a: drive to format a floppy, or make a system disk correctly. To make matters worse, the good W98 boot disks I have do not work anymore.

Since then, I bought and installed a new 40125S which works fine. I also bought and installed a new floppy drive and it does not work properly.

I have:

• Cleared my CMOS
  • Uninstalled the floppy drive from the control panel

None of the above fixed the problem with the a: drive. I can read disks in windows but I can’t boot into dos. Is it possible the bad flash did something to my motherboard? [/B]

I reformatted my harddrive and that did the trick. If you have a bad flash and still have problems you may have to reinstall your OS from scratch.