Bad Flash- LG GSA-H20L Questions

vbimport

Background:
I have an LG GSA-H20L DVD-RAM drive that I tried to flash a firmware update onto and the flash had failed.

I used the HBLoader Version 1.0 for JW3 utility to flash the firmware. Due to presumably system instability (due presumably to bad power), the firmware flash froze when the progress bar seemed to be full. I had to force the computer off to use it. After, turning the computer on, there was clear indication that the firmware flash had failed. The drive name sting seemed corrupted and the tray to the drive would not eject. BIOS also would not identify the drive, but Windows XP with Service Pack 1 would. Other software would sometimes fail to query the drive.

I tried re flashing using the 10252010 Win32 version of Devilsclaw’s LG Renesas Drive Utility ( http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=46137 ), but the drive would not flash.

I then tried re flashing using the HBLoader Version 1.0 for JW3 utility again and the flash completed successfully and the drive became responsive.

Questions:
Should the drive firmware now be correct?

Devilsclaw’s LG Renesas Drive Utility is supposedly able to dump a main firmware and a core firmware. However, there does not seem documentation clarifying the differences between “main” and “core” firmware. What are the differences between these types and are either of them unique? If one of the firmware types’ firmware is unique, could it have been corrupted by the bad flash?