Bad DVD player or bad burn

vbimport

I am confused with Burning DVD movies. After I have burnt a movie it will play fine on my Dvd player. Try to watch the same movie again a couple of weeks down the track and the movie starts to pause continuously. Play it on my mates DVD player (sony) and it works perfectly, no pauses. Other burnt DVD movies I have burnt work fine with no pauses while some pause 10 to 20 minutes into the Movie. Seems to be a bit of a hit and miss. All the movies that pause on my DVD player dont pause on the Sony player. So is it the DVD payer? Well I purchased a Sony/VHS combo and the same thing. Some pause some dont. I have used Ritek G04 & G05, Princo A Grade, and TDK DVD-R Disks all with the same results.

I have an LG GSA 4160b and a Pioneer 107d both running the latest firmware. I use DVD decrypter and DVD Shrink but my prefered method is with DVD X Copy Platinum.

I have a Celeron 2.4, 512 Ram running XP Pro with service pack 2. The pauses happen with either software.

Is the problem the Disks, the burn process or the DVD players. Can someone please advise.

It most depends on the standalone player you’ve, also the media you’re
usin. I’d try some TY media, if you could get these ones.

thanks I will give it a go