Bad dvd burns

vbimport

I recently purchased DVD Cloner VI for backing up dvds. I am very new to this so I am wondering why 2 of my burns came out choppy and pixely. The first 3 seem to be good but the 4th and 5th burn came out bad. The 4th burn wasn’t to bad, just the movie previews were a little choppy. The 5th one was worse. The actual movie itself was choppy and grainy. Can it be a problem with DVD cloner VI or is it the blank DVDs. I am using memorex DVD+R 16x 4.7GB. Ive heard about Taiyo Yuden Dvd-R. Is the type of blank DVD really that important? What about +R vs -R? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

DVD Cloner VI is not a program that is commonly used around here. In fact, I’ve not heard of it. It could be part of the problem.

Memorex media is not well regarded in these forums, not by most of us. We recommend Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden as reliable blank media, with Sony as a third possibility. Choice of media is very important for consistent results.

You might try slowing the burn speed down to 8x when using your Memorex disks. See if that helps.

+R or -R doesn’t matter too much anymore unless you have a fairly old dvd player. Then you might need to bitset +R disks, or just buy -R blank dvds.

The two programs that are updated frequently to deal with new encryption and protection schemes are AnyDVD and DVDFab. You should try their trials. AnyDVD is just a decryption program, but works well with free programs like DVDShrink. DVDFab is a complete backup solution, and the decryption/ripping section of DVDFab will continue to function even after the trial expires. But the free section is no longer updated quite as often as the paid version.

Once the trial finishes for DVDFab, you can still use it to rip dvds to the hard drive. Then use DVDShrink to reduce the size of the movie if it needs to be done. You can find DVDShrink here: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVD_Shrink

To burn to a disk use ImgBurn, a very well respected burning program that is also free. There is even a version of DVDShrink that uses ImgBurn automatically if you wish. It is found on that download page I linked.

[QUOTE=yluj0407;2467410]I recently purchased DVD Cloner VI [/QUOTE]

I heard of this program it’s a program that takes your money and scams you. It doesn’t do what it purpose to do and not do it well either. You should ask for a refund and purchase a better program. Such as or the free DVDfab HD or the full version Dvdfab Plat that give your move burning options. Other then that your our of luck if they refuse to give your money back which they should cause what they advertise and what it does are two different things. So don’t believe what they say if they espically compare it to be on par with Slysoft software or DvdFab software these two are the stands most users on here go by and use.