Bad Copy Quality CloneDVD

vbimport

I’ve tried CloneDVD and I must say the quality is poor.
You see a lot of blocks and artefacts in the copy.
When I copy a DVD5 to an other DVD5 were only the subtitles were removed (no compression) the quality is as bad as a copy from a DVD9 to a (compressed) DVD5.
I think you can better use DVD Shrink to make your copies.
Its for free, so don’t pay money for software thats not better than the freeware. :cop:

If its DVD5 to DVD5 the movie isn’t even touched, there will be NO quality loss (unless its a CloneDVD bug). You don’t even have to process these movies, just iso and burn with dvddecrypter.

/MLS

Originally posted by MLS
[B]If its DVD5 to DVD5 the movie isn’t even touched, there will be NO quality loss (unless its a CloneDVD bug). You don’t even have to process these movies, just iso and burn with dvddecrypter.

/MLS [/B]

:rolleyes: Well I did remove some subtitles :rolleyes:
So the length of the DVD5 will be shorter and no compression will be needed. But CloneDVD process the movie and makes the quality worse.

Originally posted by keesbrum
When I copy a DVD5 to an other DVD5 were only the subtitles were removed (no compression) the quality is as bad as a copy from a DVD9 to a (compressed) DVD5.

you sure?!??!?!

and even so, why bother using CloneDVD for that anyway?

a little hint when copying a DVD5, just use DVDShrink and rip it out direct from DVD

saves a lot of time and effort

must restrain self from dissing…

If you have an original DVD that’s under 4.38GB, you don’t even need DVD Shrink. Just DVD Decrypter that mofo and put it on DVD+R/-R w/ Nero.

Originally posted by MackemX
[B]
you sure?!??!?!

and even so, why bother using CloneDVD for that anyway?

a little hint when copying a DVD5, just use DVDShrink and rip it out direct from DVD

saves a lot of time and effort [/B]

Your right, thats what I saying I my first threat.
Use DVD Shrink and don’t pay money for somthing that does not work right or gives poor quality.:cool:

@keesbrum

I haven’t seen any overall or constant poor quality results yet! During testing I kicked over 50 DVDs into touch with only one ‘blocky’ result and that was a scratched and dirty Tomb Raider.

Are you copying just the main movie or the whole shebang? I’ve used DVD Decrypter as well with superb results

keesbrum

Sounds like you are making a little mistake here? Are you expecting your quality to increase because you have removed the subtitles? cause if so that is not possible, the dvd5 that you are using as a source is already compressed, and you cannot uncompress it. anyways, let us know if that was what you where thinking.

Later

Hi,
I downloaded the update and the speed of the program increased and the quality of the copy improved aswell. So I think there was a bug in the program and they fixed it.
Thank you Elby.

Well, I realize that CloneDVD doesn’t copy protected DVD, and DVDshrik doesn’t have a burning function. Either way, you have to rip it first. And the most reliable software is DVDdecrypter. If it is a DVD-5, no quality will be lost. If it is larger than 4.3 GB, DVDshrink can do the job. You can hardly notice the quality lose with a level 4 compression. So what exactly does CloneDVD offer us? Maybe the easy-to-use interface. I have done copying more than 100 DVDs, and so far DVDdecrypter, InfoEdit, DVDshrink, and Nero have served me well. But it is a lot of work. It would be nice just to go by “DVDdecrypter + CloneDVD”. I have been reading from this forum and I notice there are a few bugs about CloneDVD. It is quite common when developing a program. I will wait till those bugs are fixed. ThenI will buy a box set of CloneDVD.

I think that rip + trans + burn, done automatically and with reasonable time (30/40 mins?) is the application that everyone is dreaming for…

The only problem is the legality, due to CSS…

Or you hide like the guy of DVDShrink…or…

JiNeD

have to say clonedvd is ok but i’ll not purchase a copy until the quality issue improves as its nowhere near as good as dvd2one.

sorrry guys been using the latest clone dvd with anydvd combo,all the movies that i copied backing up my originals work great and look fantastic,another thing i backed up my lord of the rings because it was freezing at a particular point when i made the back up no freezing whatsoever,so all in all im well pleased,thnkz Elby.

@ jined

You can do it all in 1 step m8

Use 3 proggies

1. Run Anydvd so it is in the background working

2. Run DVD2One and point to your DVD drive, select features that you want

3. Make sure you have Copy2dvd installed

Make sure you tick the Copy2DVD box and call it something

The dvd will be compressed and burned in less than an hour

There you go, it is all done in 1 step

andyw