Bad burning

vbimport

I have been using original TAIYO YUDEN 16x discs for a while and recently i have been experiencing problems when copying movies…

Before i used to get 100% results… Now when i copy movies with the same Taiyo Yuden dscs i randomly have bad copeis. It freezes in my player. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my DVD player or my DVD burner… I am not sure why it currently not copying movies properly randomly? Some it copies fine and the rest it doesn’t… This is original TAIYO YUDEN media.

I am using an LG writer… I do not have any applications running in the background during the copy process.

Could someone please helpe me? They say TAIYO YUDEN is the best but recently i am randomly facing problems when copying.

Could you layout the process you use to get to the burning stage, what programs etc? These bad burns, have you played the file on your computer to make sure they are okay?

[quote=calvin_australia1985;2184213]I have been using original TAIYO YUDEN 16x discs for a while and recently i have been experiencing problems when copying movies…

Before i used to get 100% results… Now when i copy movies with the same Taiyo Yuden dscs i randomly have bad copeis. It freezes in my player. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my DVD player or my DVD burner… I am not sure why it currently not copying movies properly randomly? Some it copies fine and the rest it doesn’t… This is original TAIYO YUDEN media.

I am using an LG writer… I do not have any applications running in the background during the copy process.

Could someone please helpe me? They say TAIYO YUDEN is the best but recently i am randomly facing problems when copying.[/quote]
Maybe lower your burn speed to 12X or 8X and try changing the burn engine from VSO to ImgBurn or Nero

Greetings [B]calvin[/B]
Welcome to CD Freaks :flower: as you can from my signature below I;m a Taiyo Yuden man myself :smiley:
Make sure you have no programs that are running in the background and also stop all internet activities, programs that run in the background which checks and updates themselfs at any given time can cause this issue. also my good friend GJ is right about the burn speed even top quality media you should not burn to fast when it comes to video files.

One more thing when was the last time you did a system wide cleanup ? like a disk cleanup, registry cleanup and defraged the HDD ?, can never go wrong with doing a good house cleaning :wink:

i’

Hi calvin_australia1985 and I second SJ’s welcome,

So these failed burns occur randomly, you’re only using TY media, 16X -R (? TY G03 MID) and you’re certain… “[I]There is absolutely nothing wrong with my DVD player or my DVD burner[/I]”?
Have you run any benchmarks on your burner to confirm this?

When playing one of these “bad” discs…are these errors reproducible each time it’s played and does this occur at the same location each time?
Do these ripped files play back correctly when viewed from the hdd?

Are you certain your lens isn’t dirty on your player?
Also, it might be useful to scan some of these “bad” discs, using [B]Scan Disc [/B] and [B]Disc Quality[/B]. Both of these tests can be done with [B]nero cd-dvd speed [/B]as well as the benchmark testing I mentioned above.
This is a very useful and free utility…there’s a download link in my sig…

Perhaps there’s something amiss with your write strategy.
Could you please post a few burnlogs…one or two that were successful and one or two of the “bad” discs.

The default location is:
[B]C:\Documents and Settings[I]Administrator Name[/I]\My Documents\DVDFab\Log[/B][/