Bad Burn Quality

I am using ConvertxtoDVD and the movies I am converting and burning play fine on the computer but when I burn them to a DVD+R, they picture is really choppy and it stalls and stuff. What is wrong?

I am using Memorex DVD+R and burning at 16X.

Any help would be great!

Using Memorex media is a bit like playing Russian roulette. Sometimes you win, sometimes you get shot. If you want to keep on using them, try slowing down the burn speed to 8x and see if that helps.

It might help to know the mid code on those disks. Use Nero CD/DVD Speed (a free program) and look at the Disk Info tab.

Which burner are you using? Do you have the latest firmware for your drive?

If you want to try another type of media, I’d suggest 16x Verbatim +R. I generally burn at 8x, but others around here use 12x or more with these disks.

[quote=Kerry56;1967099]Using Memorex media is a bit like playing Russian roulette. Sometimes you win, sometimes you get shot. If you want to keep on using them, try slowing down the burn speed to 8x and see if that helps.

It might help to know the mid code on those disks. Use Nero CD/DVD Speed (a free program) and look at the Disk Info tab.

Which burner are you using? Do you have the latest firmware for your drive?

If you want to try another type of media, I’d suggest 16x Verbatim +R. I generally burn at 8x, but others around here use 12x or more with these disks.[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion! I think I’ll try the Verbatim’s, but where can I buy those?

You haven’t told us your location. This is an international forum, so we get people posting from all over the world.

If you are in the US, you can buy Verbatim online at shops like rima.com or supermediastore.com I shop for mine at Best Buy, but I’m sure there are other local shops that carry them.