Bad batch o' Verbies?

vbimport

Hi all.

An unexpected problem I’m hoping someone can help resolve. Let me summarize what occurred;

1. Good sale on stack of 100 Verbatim DVD -R, so I buy.
  2. 4 coasters in a row burned from the new stack
  3. Try 1 no-name burn of same movie, success. Assume bad stack.
  4. Return stack for replacement stack.
  5. First try - same results as other bad stack.
  6. Come here for help.

IF it’s of any use, you are welcome to download my burn log at http://www.chr32.com/public/dvdfab_burn_vso.html

P.S. thanks in advance

Hi martyp,

Sorry, but I can’t open the burn log. I think the link is bad, but I’m stuck at work so it might be the “corporate” firewall at fault.
Anyway, I’m guessing that you may still have the default setting …“Packet writing”, selected. Please change this to SAO in Common Settings.

Hope this helps

I could read the burn log OK and it is a mess. Try the SAO setting that my good friend Maineman suggested. Try some of those verbs with a different burn engine–I suggest ImgBurn. The log looks like bad media or media and drive not happy together.

Thanks guys,

SAO writing is already set - yes, I read the tips, tricks & instructions that all of you put so much effort into before I post my problems here. :bow:

I’m suspecting the media. Perhaps there was a reason that I got such a great price on Verbs. sigh

May be counterfeit. Could just be a bad run, but that would be unusual.

[QUOTE=signals;2132572]May be counterfeit. Could just be a bad run, but that would be unusual.[/QUOTE]

Got them from big brand store, so I doubt counterfeit. Similarly, bad run seems unlikely. Nevertheless, 100% “copy failed” with the Verbs and the single [I]DataWare[/I] burn ran flawlessly. I’m lost, but still appreciate your help.

I’ll most likely return this stack and wait 'til there’s a sale on Singapore Verbs, (these are Taiwanese).

are you using a pioneer blu ray player ?

there is a recent firmware update due to not recognising some media types.

1.07 is latest version

its time to update that burner. :slight_smile:

[quote=martyp;2132585]Got them from big brand store, so I doubt counterfeit. Similarly, bad run seems unlikely. Nevertheless, 100% “copy failed” with the Verbs and the single [I]DataWare[/I] burn ran flawlessly. I’m lost, but still appreciate your help.

I’ll most likely return this stack and wait 'til there’s a sale on Singapore Verbs, (these are Taiwanese).[/quote]I thought all the SLs were from Taiwan. I am using one of the 100-pack Taiwan spindles now that I got at BestBuy–about halfway through it and no problems so far.

BENQ DVD DD EW162I 47N9

External Benq 1620. your drive used to be a very good drive. and i hope it still is because i am expecting an internal 1620 to arrive today. :slight_smile: but for sake of troubleshooting your problem you could try another drive as this one is a few years old now.

Media ID: MCC 03RG20
Media type: DVD-R

Verbatim Single Layer Media is Made in India by Moser Baer, Made in Taiwan by CMC or Prodisc, or Made in Japan by Taiyo Yuden. from what ive read there is no Made in Singapore Single Layer Verbatim Media.

what is the Inner Hub number on your disc?

do you know how to use Nero cd-dvd speed? can you do a trt and quality scan of a burned MCC 03RG20 coaster?